Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Crawford is Best Welterweight Since Sugar Ray Leonard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
    Yeah, but didn't pac get ko's by jjm?
    yeah, but only dela hoya is the 6 division champ right?

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
      No one will come close to pac in a next 100 years.
      I think there will be fighters that are considered the 2nd best in their generation because they fought and lost to the best of their generation, just like Hagler lost to SRL, Foreman lost to Ali and Manny lost to Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        That’s Bob wearing his promoter hat. I can’t see Bud beating prime Oscar, Tito, Whitaker, McGirt, PAC, Mosley, or even Bradley. I’m not even sure he beats a 147 version of Camacho.
        Let's even take it a step down, Could he beat Cotto prime, Hatton prime, Margarito prime, Forrest prime, Tszyu prime
        or Juan Díaz ?

The guy fights bums!!

Comment

How many times has Bob rolled out this line now about one of his fighters?

I'm a fan of Crawford but his welterweight resume consists of Jeff Horn and Jose Benavidez ffs...

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
            How many times has Bob rolled out this line now about one of his fighters?

I'm a fan of Crawford but his welterweight resume consists of Jeff Horn and Jose Benavidez ffs...
            I agree with this. It's getting to a point where Bob's comparisons are becoming watered down.

Comment

Crawford is a BEAST, but he will never get to display his elite level skills against another elite level fighter under Top Rank Promotions. The next thing is, will he actually beat Khan??? We have written Khan off because of his weak chin. But suppose Crawford never lands that ko punch on him??? STYLES MAKE FIGHTS. Khan still has those fast hands and he has tons of experience in big fights. If it goes the distance, is Crawford guaranteed to get the decision??? Remember this, Arum is old school! He has no legit welterweights under TR to challenge Crawford or even get fans attention. So...in a close fight, I can see Arum paying off some judges so that Khan gets the win strictly to set up a lucrative rematch. And maybe this ends up being a trilogy. After that is all over, then finally we get Crawford vs Spence, that’s if Spence doesn’t move up in weight by that point. Just a theory, but it makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                Good Chr1st, Arum has no shame. Crawford is 31 years old and has yet to participate in a career defining fight. Floyd is the best anything, since Leonard.
                Yep crawford is sleepwalking out of his prime with no major wins.

Comment

Arum don't hive a single solitary shlt what he allows to come out of his mouth. next thing we know Gilberto Ramirez will be a hybrid of of Roberto Duran and Tommy Hearns with none of their flaws

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I think there will be fighters that are considered the 2nd best in their generation because they fought and lost to the best of their generation, just like Hagler lost to SRL, Foreman lost to Ali and Manny lost to Floyd.
                    There is no award for the generation or era but there is a FIGHTER OF THE DECADE award where pac won it by a landslide and no one came close.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X