No announcement yet.

I need advice.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice.

Being realistic, my long term goal is have some amateur fights. But I feel I'm a long way from it. I've been hitting the bag for cardio for the past few years, I'm 24. I've focused on compound lifts but they're trash compared to time I've spent in the gym. I've got a list of problems:

1. Lower back pain on Romanian deadlifts and Squats.
    2. Can't keep my right leg planted on certain heavy lifts.
    3. Hand and foot cramps when increasing the weight for exercises such as Shrugs and Calf Raises. My left lat starts clicking on Lat Raises.
    4. Diet, I'm skinny fat.

I'm tired of mediocrity I really want to work hard and get shredded to the core. I'm willing to invest in a personal trainer and want to gain information about proper dieting. I used to run NSUNS was able to push a lot of weight but had to slow down cause of time constraints. I switched to PPL but my lifts decreased. significantly.

Once I stopped deadlifting, barbell rowing, power cleaning and heavy squatting I never had a hurt lower back again. I guess if having fights is your goal you should focus on spending time in a boxing gym.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
      Once I stopped deadlifting, barbell rowing, power cleaning and heavy squatting I never had a hurt lower back again. I guess if having fights is your goal you should focus on spending time in a boxing gym.
      You even had pain with a back brace?

Comment

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
        Being realistic, my long term goal is have some amateur fights. But I feel I'm a long way from it. I've been hitting the bag for cardio for the past few years, I'm 24. I've focused on compound lifts but they're trash compared to time I've spent in the gym. I've got a list of problems:

1. Lower back pain on Romanian deadlifts and Squats.
        2. Can't keep my right leg planted on certain heavy lifts.
        3. Hand and foot cramps when increasing the weight for exercises such as Shrugs and Calf Raises. My left lat starts clicking on Lat Raises.
        4. Diet, I'm skinny fat.

I'm tired of mediocrity I really want to work hard and get shredded to the core. I'm willing to invest in a personal trainer and want to gain information about proper dieting. I used to run NSUNS was able to push a lot of weight but had to slow down cause of time constraints. I switched to PPL but my lifts decreased. significantly.
        Are you doing weight because of the amature boxing? What’s your weight class?

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          You even had pain with a back brace?
          I never wore a back brace. I did wear a lifting belt though, if that's what you meant. However, I kept injuring my lower back with those lifts so I bagged them. I still squat but do higher reps with less weight.

Comment

Stretching is way underrated and isn't done enough. Regular stretching (daily) helps a lot in preventing unjury and back/knee type pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              Stretching is way underrated and isn't done enough. Regular stretching (daily) helps a lot in preventing unjury and back/knee type pain.
              I don't do enough of it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                I don't do enough of it myself.
                Think Taha is offering some online personal training

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                  Think Taha is offering some online personal training
                  That would be the ultimate Christmas gift

Comment

i can honestly say that you lack discipline. You need to train for at least 7 years to go amateur for real

Comment

Working...
                    X