Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev is fighting Yarde not Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      I would def agree at this point...like you said..its been obvious they are looking for easy ways out

been that way since they fought dom wade and kell brook to preserve canelo instead of ward which still took them almost 2 years after lemiuex to get...

people have been watching since before that even....getting approved on hbo to fight Curtis stevens who had lost to primera and jesse Brinkley....they watched him refuse to negotiate weights with cotto and canelo....

its been painfully obvious that golovkin isn't interested in anything really tough or great....it would be about time someone with some power basically told them to go fugg off and fight someone

golovkin was given a free pass by the media...like ward said a few years back "switch our records and resumes....if I ran from a fight with him the media would have killed me".......hbo needed a star...and golovkin played the aw shucks foreigner with a smile who knocked guys out ala pac(pac actually fought real dudes though)....and the media ate it up....

way back in the day over at ESB...I actually used to proclaim that part of the reason he was having such a hard time getting canelo was because people in the industry were getting sick of golovkins games and him earning all this "fame and glory" for beating subpar comp and even dragging up a WW after making fun of nelo for the khan fight

it would certainly about time someone demanded he do something tough
      It's very awkward imo. When you've got guys like Oscar and Bhop in a meeting with Skipper and some drinks, I mean these guys been in the ring. Surely Skipper has to empathize the situation about merit coming from fighters. Especially when you've got 2 vets in Oscar and Bhop vouching for Canelo...all of whom are fighters. What's Loeffler's say?

I mean eventually Skipper is going to have go gangsta and tell GGG and Loeffler this:

Comment

Originally posted by Greedo's Lawyer View Post
        It's very awkward imo. When you've got guys like Oscar and Bhop in a meeting with Skipper and some drinks, I mean these guys been in the ring. Surely Skipper has to empathize the situation about merit coming from fighters. Especially when you've got 2 vets in Oscar and Bhop vouching for Canelo...all of whom are fighters. What's Loeffler's say?

I mean eventually Skipper is going to have go gangsta and tell GGG and Loeffler this:

not only 2 vets...but look at their resumes!

hop got in the ring with a killer he was almost 50!!! he took risks!!!

and Oscar was an old, drained, zombie who hadn't fought at 147 in many years...and wanted to challenge the hottest fighter in the game!

all golovkin wants to do is fight bums n sniff canelos Haines

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          all golovkin wants to do is fight bums n sniff canelos Haines
          I agree it is very tacky. but Ronda Rousey and McGregor had their fans too. just tacky

Comment

Working...
          X