Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Joshua Will NEVER Be The Same - Ruiz Rematch is Insane!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever
    So if he loses the belts anyway by rematching Ruiz then what? Where does his career goes from there? He is in no win situation because Andy is extremely confident that he can hurt, drop and even put Joshua away.

On the other hand, Joshua still may have not recovered from the psychological scars, of that TKO he suffered, which needs time to heal. Moreover, he just may be a bit more tentative, gunshy and tight than usual.

However, we shall see. In any case, I know that he is gambling with his future, by playing a very high stakes game of dice. It's either hit or miss from here on out or he simply craps out.
    ... then his "career' hits the wall for good... (which I think it already did, tbh...)

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... They're forced to take the fight immediately...

... if not, AJ loses any "control" on those "belts" -- either by Ruiz taking different paths in his future career, or spreading those belts around (due to "stripping" etc)... Not to mention that Wilder would take all the belts asap, and I just don't see AJ wanting to deal with him soon (if ever)...
      True, but what happens, if he loses the belts anyway by rematching Ruiz then what? Where does his career goes from there? He is in a no win situation because Andy is extremely confident that he can hurt, drop or even put Joshua away.

On the other hand, AJ still needs time to correct his mistakes and may have not fully recovered from the psychological scars, of that TKO he suffered. Which may need more time to heal because he'll probably be a bit more tentative, gunshy and tight than usual.

However, we shall see. In any case, I know that he is under an enormous amount of pressure and is gambling with his future, by playing a very high stakes game of craps. It's either hit or miss from here on out or he just simply craps out.

Comment

Thanks to that MORON matchmaker of yours Trampler, you don't have Ruiz anymore, and out of an astronomical payday and power position Bob...

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          True, but what happens, if he loses the belts anyway by rematching Ruiz then what? Where does his career goes from there? He is in a no win situation because Andy is extremely confident that he can hurt, drop or even put Joshua away.

On the other hand, AJ still needs time to correct his mistakes and may have not fully recovered from the psychological scars, of that TKO he suffered. Which may need more time to heal because he'll probably be a bit more tentative, gunshy and tight than usual.

However, we shall see. In any case, I know that he is under an enormous amount of pressure and is gambling with his future, by playing a very high stakes game of craps. It's either hit or miss from here on out or he just simply craps out.
          ... this is a "double post"... my answer is above this one...

Comment

I agree with Arum, but then think, who would he fight that is on a much lower level than Ruiz?

Ruiz isn't exactly a world beater. I would favor Ortiz to beat him no question. (Guess I thought that of AJ too though lol)
            H. Fury? I suppose there are a lot out there, but probably not many lighter punchers than Ruiz in the heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
              Same embarrassment suffered by a prime Brit Ricky Hatton from another shorty with fast hands 10 years ago mate. Pacman!
              Just another reason to take time off. Hatton was never the same after getting KO'd by Floyd, then having to drop down more weight to fight Pac.

Also remember Pac getting KTFO by a 40 yr old past his prime JMM. That was embarrassing.

Comment

I respect one of the best heavyweight words and that’s Lennox when Ruiz fought the Russian he was announcing he said man this kid hits hard I can here his punch’s and throws 4-5 punch combos. As for AJ he also said he didn’t lose like me one punch caught cold but he got dropped for times and quit it’s not the same . AJ needs a new trainer and one or two fights to rework his style .

Comment

It could go either way. Ruiz slipped some killer punches from Josh and ate a few too. If Josh fights big, stops squatting and controls distance, he could get the stoppage.

I can't help but think of what went through Arum's mind when Ruiz won and hit the lottery, setting up another payday. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    That's what I am talking about. I happen to agree with Arum. Why would you cash out your only cash cow for just one fight when AJ is always talking about his long term plans and future in the sport?

An immediate rematch is all wrong for Joshua. At 29, he has time to fully recover and heal from that TKO loss and get the extended rest that both his mind and body so desperately needs in order to relax and correct his mistakes.

So when he does come back he will be even fresher, stronger and better. Rushing him back so soon would ruin Anthony Joshua's career because he is neither ready or prepared for Andy Ruiz's style.

At this point, Eddie is making a very huge mistake; The same mistake he made with Kell Brook by cashing him out against Gennady Golovkin.
                    You guys are being silly. If Joshua doesn't excercise his rematch clause then there is no guarantee that Ruiz will ever give him a shot again. Also there is a chance Ruiz goes ahead and fights Wilder and gets KTFO and then what?

You guys are being sissy pussees. Joshua is doing the right thing, the manly thing and the smart thing. Lightning only strikes once, Ruiz ain't gonna fluke again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                      You guys are being silly. If Joshua doesn't excercise his rematch clause then there is no guarantee that Ruiz will ever give him a shot again. Also there is a chance Ruiz goes ahead and fights Wilder and gets KTFO and then what?

You guys are being sissy pussees. Joshua is doing the right thing, the manly thing and the smart thing. Lightning only strikes once, Ruiz ain't gonna fluke again.
                      It's a fluke only if you ignore him getting rocked by Whyte, Wlad, and Povetkin!

What happened to Anthony Joshua, and what did we learn from Andy Ruiz Jr.'s big upset?

June 2, 2019:

2. Is Joshua's chin a problem?

At this point, it seems like a rhetorical question.

What looked to be an early night for Joshua after flooring Ruiz in Round 3, instead became the beginning of a Gotham City nightmare in Joshua's United States debut. As he came into close the show on Ruiz, Joshua was caught by a series of crisp counterpunches from Ruiz, who proved he too could punch.

Joshua was stunned by a left hook to the temple during an exchange in the same round and went down in an stunning turn of events. And then once again. And while he survived the round and had some moments thereafter, from that point on, he looked unsteady on his legs and more than that, unsure of his own durability.

Never had a man so strong looked so fragile.

It was an easy call for referee Michael Griffin. While Joshua was on his feet standing on a neutral corner after being knocked down twice more by Ruiz in Round 7, he had symbolically waved the white flag.

And while the result is surprising, the fact is that Joshua was buzzed numerous times, and he hit the canvas four times. We have seen that before. He was stunned in victories over Dillian Whyte and most recently against Alexander Povetkin. Two years ago, Joshua was knocked down by Wladimir Klitschko before stopping Klitschko in a great fight.

For all of his talent, it's clear that Joshua's chin is a flaw. Perhaps it was just a matter of when it was going to be totally exposed.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...z-jr-big-upset

Comment

Working...
                      X