Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd Mayweather ever got knocked out cold in sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchr View Post
    When was this?

There were numerous reports on this already in the past years. Morales was training with Mayweather Sr. at this time and old Floyd wanted to teach him the shoulder roll. Morales told senior it's not that effective and he would still land on his son. Senior didn't believe and Morales prooved him wrong. Mayweather was the bigger man, but Morales was fast as hell and confused Mayweather with his trademark feints (left feint to the body, big overhand right straight down the pipe). He landed on Mayweather at will and made him quit. Mayweather just stormed out of the ring, because he thought Morales was too aggressive. Since then he was always rooting against Morales (he was partying hard ringside the moment Pac stopped Morales).

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post

There were numerous reports on this already in the past years. Morales was training with Mayweather Sr. at this time and old Floyd wanted to teach him the shoulder roll. Morales told senior it's not that effective and he would still land on his son. Senior didn't believe and Morales prooved him wrong. Mayweather was the bigger man, but Morales was fast as hell and confused Mayweather with his trademark feints (left feint to the body, big overhand right straight down the pipe). He landed on Mayweather at will and made him quit. Mayweather just stormed out of the ring, because he thought Morales was too aggressive. Since then he was always rooting against Morales (he was partying hard ringside the moment Pac stopped Morales).
      What source do you have for him "landing at will" because the only story I ever heard was the exact same as yours except Morales landed one solid punch on Floyd not "landed at will"

Comment

Ali used to take a ton of punishment in sparring, Tony Tubbs whooped Larry Holmes in a sparring session, Floyd Mayweather had a very tough time with Spadafora, Evander Holyfield was getting whooped by his sparring partners before the Tyson fight. Joe Louis got dropped by Eddie Malcolm (Record 2-14) and the list goes on and on, sparring and actual fighting are completely different. All fighters got hurt at some point in time during sparring, that's what prepares you for the actual fight.

Comment

I doubt it. He has never been down in a real fight with smaller gloves. He take a punch very well. I voted he got outworked. That seems more likely to happen on an off day sense he doesn't have a big punch output in his fights.

Comment

Knoiw what I don't think he has. Someone would come forward and say it. More come forward say they've seen big foot

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Schmeling View Post
              I don't know if he got knocked out cold in sparring, but I know the great Erik Morales schooled his ass and pretty much embarrassed him in his very own gym in front of all his yes-man.
              I didn't know this. But all the biug namnes seemed to have sparred each other that we don't even k ow about.

Comment

Working...
              X