Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Mayweather and McGregor Try To Upstage Canelo-Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    No one would want to watch Mayweather-McGregor over GGG-Canelo.

Also, Dana dumb ass White actually thinks McGregor is worth 75M?! for that fight? I'm not sure what he's smoking. He's a complete clown. He's worth about 5M for that fight, and I guess you have to pay UFC another 5 or so. That's really all they're worth.
    Oh yes they would.

That fight would take all the steam out of the Canelio vs GGift.

Comment

Dana White doesn't want anything to do with this fight. First off UFC wouldn't control the promotion and wouldn't get the majority of the money.
      Second why would they want their current cash cow to get exposed by a boxer in the prime of his career? Keep him in the octagon. He is a world class MMA fighter but an amateur boxer. Floyd would dance on him on all night and could knock him out.
      I don't know what his contract situation is but McGregor is better off waiting until his is a free agent and then making the fight on his own. Dana White was against the fight from the start but is now in PR mode so people think he is trying.

Comment

A real fight vs a circus act only a fool would think this way!

Comment

The economics for a September 16 fight are not there. It makes sense to maximize revenue, particularly since both Floyd and Conor will demand big bucks for the fight. Going out of their way to pick a date when another big event is taking place is, in a word, stupid. These guys and their teams are anything but stupid, they will try to squeeze every dollar from the event, that means they will pick another date. If Canelo wins or if it is a close fight with GGG that warrants a rematch you can forget about Cinco de Mayo as well.

I understand that controversy, fabricated or not, gets eyeballs on the page, but writing this drivel disrespects the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            This article read like Hale just wanted to b1tch and complain about Floyd.
            It's irrelevant it's what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              No he didn't. He said Conor wants to fight twice THIS YEAR. Once in the ring & once in the cage still.

Mayweather should be Connor's first fight in the boxing ring.

If he takes a tune up boxing fight against a D level guy and looses then that kills the mayweather fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                Fighting an Irish guy would make more sense in NY. Not in Vegas against another HUGE fight with a MexiCAN on a MexiCAN Holiday.
                I'm not saying all things being equal a Mexican in September doesn't make more sense. I'm saying things aren't equal & the biggest PPV draw in boxing history & the biggest combat sports draw right now could do whatever they wanted to do.

And when that's the reality your biggest goal should be maximizing revenue. So I mean you could PPV this fight from the Amazon jungle ("Floyd vs the UFC pawn in the Amazon!") & make a few hundred million on PPV alone still, but one should wanna maximize the gate & that's best done in Vegas where people are lighting money on fire 24/7/365 like no where else already.

Personally if I was in on that, spoiler I'm not, I'd try to line it up for St Paddy's Day in Vegas. Floyd hijacked Mexican holidays with Hispanic fighters, usually Mexican, extremely well for the most part over the last few years of his career specifically. I think the move here is to take advantage of McGregor's heritage with this fight...assuming it happens of course...I still don't buy that it will so all this talk to me is just speculation gone wild.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  Mayweather should be Connor's first fight in the boxing ring.

If he takes a tune up boxing fight against a D level guy and looses then that kills the mayweather fight.
                  I don't think the plan is two boxing matches. I think & would assume the plan is Floyd & then a UFC fight this year. I think all parties would be against risking any upside with this fight at this point.

Although idk if Conor has co-signed anything yet so Dana could be talking out of his ass here as "Mr. Women Will Never Fight in The UFC" is often prone to do.

Comment

Maybe I am getting old, but who cares about the MMA and their fighters? It´s just a freakshow obviously. It may kill Mayweather´s reputation forever, for all that´s worth.

Comment

It would be silly to try to compete with another mega fight. Mayweather vs Coner would win a head to head ppv battle, but they wouldn't maximize profit that way, and Mayweather is a smart man and realizes that.

Comment

Working...
                      X