Collapse
No announcement yet.

miguel "chinny" cotto vs valero at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto by brual stoppage. valero was a puncher, but this is cotto, not some tomato can

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      cotto by brual stoppage. valero was a puncher, but this is cotto, not some tomato can
      Exactly Valero was very unproven and so is even his best win which was Demarco.Cotto is battle tested

Comment

Valero KO, Just like how Pacquiao beat the crap out of Cotto. I saw Cotto get hurt a lot more at 140 and Valero was no bum even if people like to believe he was.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          the same cotto that went 12 hard rounds with paulie

even if cotto is slightly favored he wouldnt just go in their and KO valero like some of you guys think

wouldny be shocked if valero got him outta there in 5

Comment

I wouldn't rule out valero making cotto take a knee.

Comment

Its more of a popularity contest this is with everybody saying Cotto who looked very shaky at 140 at the best of times though to his credit he toughed it out & got the most important thing being the win.

As said Valero never even fought at 140 though I personally can not for one minute see Cotto walking through this guy like most are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Its more of a popularity contest this is with everybody saying Cotto who looked very shaky at 140 at the best of times though to his credit he toughed it out & got the most important thing being the win.

As said Valero never even fought at 140 though I personally can not for one minute see Cotto walking through this guy like most are saying.
                i give credit when due but when ur best win is a mosley or goin 12 long hard rounds with paulie i dont understand where this "killer" comes from one guy said he would "decapitate" cotto ^.^ it would make for a nice little war while it lasted

Comment

In sparring, Valero F@ked up DELAHOYA when he was training for Pacquiao,probably weighing around 150-52 they had to kick him out because he couldn't handle the power. Imagine how "confident" Oscar must of felt coming in to the pacquiao fight?, getting hit so much by a smaller fighter in Valero.Regardless of what you think of him, Oscar is a good fighter.

Don't let his record fool you, and i don't agree with his actions, but Valero could fight and was no pushover.
                  Last edited by ElMeroChingon; 07-19-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                    In sparring, Valero F@ked up DELAHOYA when when he was training for Pacquiao,probably weighing around 150-52 they had to kick him out because he couldn't handle the power. Imagine how "confident" Oscar must of felt coming in to the pacquiao fight?, getting hit so much by a smaller fighter in Valero.Regardless of what you think of him, Oscar is a good fighter.

Don't let his record fool you, and i don't agree with his actions, but Valero could fight and was no pushover.
                    who u got at 140 cotto or valero? either way before valeros incident he was in talks to move up to 140 for lamont peterson either way he was gonna move up

Comment

valero was a good boxer and he could fight, but he'd be giving up a good deal to miguel cotto. cotto was an odd cookie at 140. he came up from the amateurs as a very good boxer. at some stage he fell in love with power punching and he started getting rocked. he was a very strong man at 140. he had good but not great speed, nice skills, and lot of power.

valero was smaller, was largely untested (the best fighter he ever fought was antonio demarco, not a bad fighter, but not terrific and only a LW.) he could be cut (after his death we found out he was a serious drinker,) and he fought at a distance and at a pace that would favor cotto

kryptonite to cotto are constant pressure and power punching. you can hurt him and back him up. he'll stop throwing his jab (his best punch) and he'll get on his bike. i dont think valero would be that type of puncher against a huge 140 pounder, and he does not / would not come forward. valero was a good boxer. for him to beat cotto he'd have to really put on a show.

i dont think he'd get completely murdered, as some of the bscene esteemed seem to think. i think he'd probably either last the distance and lose a boxing match or he'd lose on cuts.

i'd like to see cotto pound him out, though. that sick bastard killed his wife.

Comment

Working...
                      X