No announcement yet.

Mayweather And His Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    Pacquiao is a minature man, you dunce capper. Floyd was lucky to find such a tiny foe. If he were fighting now he would be challenging Rigondeaux with all the smack talk he could muster.
    Oh I see. Different standards for Floyd than for everybody else, once again.

"Heavyweights are different so it's ok if they have a crap resume."
    "Pacquiao is a miniature man so it's ok if he ducked negroes until they got old."

It never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Oh I see. Different standards for Floyd than for everybody else, once again.

"Heavyweights are different so it's ok if they have a crap resume."
      "Pacquiao is a miniature man so it's ok if he ducked negroes until they got old."

It never ends.
      Lol.

Your acting like an aggrieved little girl on her first period. Nobody said the bolded, top crying and get a tampon.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Lol.

Your acting like an aggrieved little girl on her first period. Nobody said the bolded, top crying and get a tampon.
        Dempsey's resume is mediocre and pretty hard to defend.

But you found a way around that...let's just claim that it's ok for heavyweights to have bad resumes. Boom! Problem solved.

And so what if Mayweather has a better resume? He fought in the lighter weights so he is supposed to. That overrated bum.

Keep coming up with double standards, Billeau. You and LefHook seem good at twisting logic and ignoring facts in order to fit your narrative.

Comment

Dempsey's resume is mediocre and pretty hard to defend.

But you found a way around that...let's just claim that it's ok for heavyweights to have bad resumes. Boom! Problem solved.

And so what if Mayweather has a better resume? He fought in the lighter weights so he is supposed to. That overrated bum.

Keep coming up with double standards, Billeau. You and LefHook seem good at twisting logic and ignoring facts in order to fit your narrative.
          You get defensive and dig in when you get laced I saw it on the thread about Egypt. You somehow think digging in, and putting words in another's mouth is constructive? I don't even cosign with Lefty, and you twist my logic to conform to this meunstral cycle that never ends regarding Dempsey and Black Fighters... something i have not weighed in since the original thread literally years ago at this time.

No double standard, everything explained as usual... heck I like ya just trying to warn you how you come off lol. Tried to do it the last thread.

Just don't put words in my mouth... When you do you get the back of the hand... If you feel i am off, state my idea and disagree with it. Don't change it to conform to your emotional affect.

I never said heavyweights have bad resumes... I said they should be evaluated according to different standards.

I only ever said of Floyd that it is a knock that he never fought a fellow ATG at prime... I never really even accused him of ducking. This does not put me in any of your divisions... It is a material fact... can you dispute it?
          Last edited by billeau2; 11-27-2020, 07:47 PM.

Comment

You get defensive and dig in when you get laced I saw it on the thread about Egypt. You somehow think digging in, and putting words in another's mouth is constructive? I don't even cosign with Lefty, and you twist my logic to conform to this meunstral cycle that never ends regarding Dempsey and Black Fighters... something i have not weighed in since the original thread literally years ago at this time.

No double standard, everything explained as usual... heck I like ya just trying to warn you how you come off lol. Tried to do it the last thread.

Just don't put words in my mouth... When you do you get the back of the hand... If you feel i am off, state my idea and disagree with it. Don't change it to conform to your emotional affect.

I never said heavyweights have bad resumes... I said they should be evaluated according to different standards.

I only ever said of Floyd that it is a knock that he never fought a fellow ATG at prime... I never really even accused him of ducking. This does not put me in any of your divisions... It is a material fact... can you dispute it?
            Defensive and digging in?

That sounds more like you. Rather than just acknowledge that Floyd has a better resume than Dempsey you instead doubled down on retardation.

To the point that you are doing all kinds mental gymnastics to try and justify your buffoonery. Harry Wills vs Floyd now is it?

Ok. Have fun with that.

As for the Egypt thread all I said is that there is evidence of bare fist fighting before Greece and Egypt, in Sumeria. You wanted to disqualify those last two as "real boxing" for some reason.

Between that and your double standards for Floyd one might guess that you have a particular bias. Can't say for certain (unlike with LefHook) but I'll simply throw it out there so others are aware and can decide for themselves.

Comment

Defensive and digging in?

That sounds more like you. Rather than just acknowledge that Floyd has a better resume than Dempsey you instead doubled down on retardation.

To the point that you are doing all kinds mental gymnastics to try and justify your buffoonery. Harry Wills vs Floyd now is it?

Ok. Have fun with that.

As for the Egypt thread all I said is that there is evidence of bare fist fighting before Greece and Egypt, in Sumeria. You wanted to disqualify those last two as "real boxing" for some reason.

Between that and your double standards for Floyd one might guess that you have a particular bias. Can't say for certain (unlike with LefHook) but I'll simply throw it out there so others are aware and can decide for themselves.
              Cause I do not agree with it... and I explained why. Is this a variation of "Anyone who thinks Trump is better than Biden is ____?" For someone who claims to talk about discrimination at points you are very prejudiced. You simply cannot tolerate that someone disagrees with you regarding Dempsey can you? Grow up, your a smart guy, stop acting like a "Jessy." (thank you Scotland).

I used the Wills thread because of Travesty!!! Blame him! He made an excellent point that also highlights why one has to be careful about comparing apples to oranges. He may have not made the point in that context... But it shows that even with Wills, who fought ATG fighters, etc, there were very different issues that make the comparison hard to make. I also used Wills so we could exit the whole Dempsey situation and its taint.

You argued using several logical fallicies on that thread. That was a start... then you refused to accept that there was a specific definition of boxing, as enunciated in the thread. You were shown why this was and refused to accept it.

listen you want to argue like a point in an idiotic way, I don't even point it out anymore... I only did it in that thread cause I respect you... You won, I mean believe me I don't/won't point those things out anymore lol... enjoy your victory, just do not characterize my ideas based on these taints about Dempsey and mayweather. That is not where I stand, so it is not accurate. I mean enjoy your victory but don't mischaracterize my posts... simple right?

Comment

Cause I do not agree with it... and I explained why. Is this a variation of "Anyone who thinks Trump is better than Biden is ____?" For someone who claims to talk about discrimination at points you are very prejudiced. You simply cannot tolerate that someone disagrees with you regarding Dempsey can you? Grow up, your a smart guy, stop acting like a "Jessy." (thank you Scotland).

I used the Wills thread because of Travesty!!! Blame him! He made an excellent point that also highlights why one has to be careful about comparing apples to oranges. He may have not made the point in that context... But it shows that even with Wills, who fought ATG fighters, etc, there were very different issues that make the comparison hard to make. I also used Wills so we could exit the whole Dempsey situation and its taint.

You argued using several logical fallicies on that thread. That was a start... then you refused to accept that there was a specific definition of boxing, as enunciated in the thread. You were shown why this was and refused to accept it.

listen you want to argue like a point in an idiotic way, I don't even point it out anymore... I only did it in that thread cause I respect you... You won, I mean believe me I don't/won't point those things out anymore lol... enjoy your victory, just do not characterize my ideas based on these taints about Dempsey and mayweather. That is not where I stand, so it is not accurate. I mean enjoy your victory but don't mischaracterize my posts... simple right?
                You're certainly entitled to your opinions. But your arguments for why Dempsey has a better resume than Floyd and for why Sumerian bareknuckle punching technique doesn't qualify as boxing are not convincing.

Claiming that I got laced by you...or condescendingly telling me that you are letting me win...or making insulting comments about tampons? That's all sideshow bullshit on your part signifying nothing. And frankly has made me lose a lot of respect for you.

Comment

You're certainly entitled to your opinions. But your arguments for why Dempsey has a better resume than Floyd and for why Sumerian bareknuckle punching technique doesn't qualify as boxing are not convincing.

Claiming that I got laced by you...or condescendingly telling me that you are letting me win...or making insulting comments about tampons? That's all sideshow bullshit on your part signifying nothing. And frankly has made me lose a lot of respect for you.
                  When did I ever say Dempsey has a better resume than Floyd? NO... I do not believe that! See? thats my problem with you in a nutshell... Your smart, a great poster... but you make huge leaps of faith, you make assumptions about where people stand on issues.

I will give you a million dollars, and give you a sig declaring I am your eternal biatch if you can ever show me where I said Dempsey has a better resume than Floyd.

I doubt you even know my opinion of Floyd. It is on the boards here...

Yeah regarding the insults... You earned it in my opinion. See above.

If I had told you after a tiff on a subject where everyone was weighing in "Your a punk because you believe the government in this country is on the level" after reading so many posts from you as a poster over the years... and you called me out "Billeau when did I say the gov was on the level!" I would apologize. Just saying...
                  Last edited by billeau2; 11-28-2020, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Our local forum folk already realize how fast a poor devil like Shoulder Roll runs out of intellectual ammunition? That demon comes to a gunfight empty, even forgetting his pen knife...

My recommendation for that boy is at least 3 solid months of college. Even 3 months would give him a taste of the intellectual life and acclimate him to how the big boys reason. He might take off like a puppet.

Yes, find yourself a junior or a community college, old boy, and crack a few books for a change of pace. I am going to spotlight my own community spirit right now and volunteer to tutor you free of charge. I will be helping you with your homework, showing you how to figure percentages, and such. We will have you reciting the difference between a verb and a noun proudly in no time at all. Your face is going to shine with pride, I guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                      Our local forum folk already realize how fast a poor devil like Shoulder Roll runs out of intellectual ammunition? That demon comes to a gunfight empty, even forgetting his pen knife...

My recommendation for that boy is at least 3 solid months of college. Even 3 months would give him a taste of the intellectual life and acclimate him to how the big boys reason. He might take off like a puppet.

Yes, find yourself a junior or a community college, old boy, and crack a few books for a change of pace. I am going to spotlight my own community spirit right now and volunteer to tutor you free of charge. I will be helping you with your homework, showing you how to figure percentages, and such. We will have you reciting the difference between a verb and a noun proudly in no time at all. Your face is going to shine with pride, I guarantee.
                      This from a guy who says Floyd was lucky to find such a miniature foe in Pacquiao...while saying nothing about Lomachenko dragging old man Rigondeaux up two weight classes.

It's hypocrisy to trash Floyd for this while swooning over Lomachenko's place in the firmament.

Does every single Floyd critic in this section have double standards?

Comment

Working...
                      X