Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you approve a Pac/Cotto II showdown in November?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely pointless. Nothing about the first fight says Cotto does anything besides get busted up badly again. Only way it could be marketable is if Cotto beats Mayorga, Margarito, and Martinez consecutively in impressive fashion or becomes the lineal champ at 154. At least then Arum could sell Cotto being a reinvented fighter and Pac going for his record 5th lineal strap.

Other than that, **** that ****.

Comment

I rather see a 3rd JMM fight, but I wouldn't mind watching Pacquiao-Cotto II.

The first fight was competitive up until the 6th round. Cotto arguably won the 5th after he had been dropped hard and started moving, but Pacquiao must've convinced him in the 6th that he didn't want to try to win rounds anymore.

Steward is one of the masters at building, maintaining, and rebuilding confidence, so he might be able to convince him the opposite. I'm not sure how much weight Cotto gained after the weigh in for that fight, but Manny would have him come in at at least a 10-12 pound weight advantage this time. I figure Cotto would do better this time around, but probably suffer a similar result.

Comment

Cotto showed he was more than capable to get to Pacquiao in the first 4 rounds of their first fight...Would be a great fight IMO..Cotto training with Manny Steward this time..

Comment

If Cotto beats Mayorga and Margarito soundly without takin alot of punishment, why not. Pac would fight Mosley and hopefully Marquez and he'd have alittle more wear on his body. Fight has to be over 150 lbs.

Comment

no,Tell him to fight berto,marquez,Or floyd

Comment

only if Cotto win against Martinez

Comment

I see some people really want to see Cotto get hurt.

Giving him to Pacquiao now is asking for him to get brain damaged.

Comment

Pacquiao has nothing more to prove with another Cotto fight....nothing. Unless it is for commercial reason, money of course.

Comment

Working...
                  X