Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best remedy for a sprained wrist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dr filth View Post
    i've read that cheap bags are unlined - hurts wrist. i'm thinking of buying a bag, i'm getting a lined one.
    naw this was an everlast bag. its a 400 dollar bag.

Comment

Rest man, rest it up, and try to reduce movement, and weight in your hand. Beyond that the wrist being "****ed up" is kinda general, if you were a little more specific I could maybe give better advice. Do you have a tensor bandage? Also, anti-inflammatories (even ice) would be an assest. Chemical ones are great if you need them, but I wouldn't recommend anything stronger than asprin unless you get it from a doctor, and for the most part, most you'll need a perscription for anyways. In which directions does it hurt to move the wrist? Is rotating also hard? Is holding say 10lbs in the hand painful? Do you have a history of wrist injuries? Is it your dominant hand? I've seen your vids, so I know you don't have small wrists, finally, can you grip as hard as usual or not? Finally, make sure you're specific, make sure where the pain is: wrist, hand or forearm (that's not to say that it couldn't be both).

Peace,
      Trick

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
        Rest man, rest it up, and try to reduce movement, and weight in your hand. Beyond that the wrist being "****ed up" is kinda general, if you were a little more specific I could maybe give better advice. Do you have a tensor bandage? Also, anti-inflammatories (even ice) would be an assest. Chemical ones are great if you need them, but I wouldn't recommend anything stronger than asprin unless you get it from a doctor, and for the most part, most you'll need a perscription for anyways. In which directions does it hurt to move the wrist? Is rotating also hard? Is holding say 10lbs in the hand painful? Do you have a history of wrist injuries? Is it your dominant hand? I've seen your vids, so I know you don't have small wrists, finally, can you grip as hard as usual or not? Finally, make sure you're specific, make sure where the pain is: wrist, hand or forearm (that's not to say that it couldn't be both).

Peace,
        Trick
        there is just tention i can feel pain on the left side of my wrist on my left arm.holding things over 10lbs hurts yeah.and I have no history of bad wrist.but I think it will get better soon.

Comment

Was it a one time thing, like after a punch, or did you only really notice after you were done training? Honestly, either way, should be fine, keep ice on it though, and reduce movement. Those tendons go through a very small hole in the bones of the wrist, so moving them will move them up against the sides of that hole (usually), which when they're already inflammed, is a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
            Was it a one time thing, like after a punch, or did you only really notice after you were done training? Honestly, either way, should be fine, keep ice on it though, and reduce movement. Those tendons go through a very small hole in the bones of the wrist, so moving them will move them up against the sides of that hole (usually), which when they're already inflammed, is a bad thing.
            it was after a punch

Comment

strectching abit and go to an expert on these stuff because sometimes there is one trick and all the pain is gone :

Comment

Hmm, well honestly, after one punch is a little worse, as you may have done more traumatic damage to the tendon, as opposed to just irritating it. As tough as it is for a boxer, I wouldn't recommend workin' through the pain, I'd rest it until it's good to go. Even if it does go away eventually (the pain) you can actually develop chronic tendonitis if you work it while injured by calcification of the tendon (over calcification).

Peace,
                Trick

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                  it was after a punch
                  anymore sparring vids?

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
                    anymore sparring vids?
                    switched gyms today. so maybe ill spar soon.

Comment

Ey mayne, try Icyhot, that stuff works wonders, or do it the Russky way, just go into a sauna n relax your wrist. Whenever I'm banged up that's what I do n it works, gl with that bro, hey do u have ne links to your posted vids?

Comment

Working...
                      X