No announcement yet.

healthy diet to lose weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• healthy diet to lose weight?

hey guys! well i gained 20 pounds this summer, now i'm up to 160 pounds! i'm 5'10 and i'd like to go back to 140. i really never eat breakfast, never have (it's been like this for 10 + years) - i just don't feel hungry in the mornings.

i have lunch and dinner, and that's it. however, this summer i was having that, plus a lot of junk snacks. could you guys list what kind of things i should be doing or cutting back on (besides going to the gym, which i already signed up to).

i'd also like some sort of input as to what kind of food i should eat, and the portions. just want to have an idea of what my weekly schedule should be concerning my nutrition. healthy good that makes me feel full, because when i eat healthy i feel like i'm starving. thanks!

I've always enjoyed the diet portion of getting shape way more than getting motivated to work out, but I follow the same standards that you'll see mostly anywhere you go for this type of info:

Whole Grains
    Lean Meats/Tofu
    Fruits
    Vegetables

That's it.

If it comes in a plastic bag, don't eat it.
    If it's fried, don't eat it.
    Limit your dairy or try to cut it completely.

I like to keep pineapple, blackberry, and strawberries in a bowl and munch on that as a late night snack.

It's easier to gain weight if you eat alot at night, so limit yourself and this should fix your breakfast problems in the morning, as you should be good and hungry. I eat 3 well balanced meals a day(7am-1pm-7pm), and I try not to eat after 10.

Try to keep motivated. I like salad and I like rice so it's easy for me, but you're the only one that can make the change.

And I'm basically the same build as you. I'm 5'10 - 138lb
    Last edited by ADozenArrows; 09-13-2009, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
      I've always enjoyed the diet portion of getting shape way more than getting motivated to work out, but I follow the same standards that you'll see mostly anywhere you go for this type of info:

Whole Grains
      Lean Meats/Tofu
      Fruits
      Vegetables

That's it.

If it comes in a plastic bag, don't eat it.
      If it's fried, don't eat it.
      Limit your dairy or try to cut it completely.

I like to keep pineapple, blackberry, and strawberries in a bowl and munch on that as a late night snack.

It's easier to gain weight if you eat alot at night, so limit yourself and this should fix your breakfast problems in the morning, as you should be good and hungry. I eat 3 well balanced meals a day(7am-1pm-7pm), and I try not to eat after 10.

Try to keep motivated. I like salad and I like rice so it's easy for me, but you're the only one that can make the change.

And I'm basically the same build as you. I'm 5'10 - 138lb
      Good post. Basically keep it natural and exercise a lot, and you'll be good. No rocket science required.

Comment

Losing weight aint hard. Breakfast is good, but I suppose it wont affect you too much if you really dont like eating it. I've heard of some people that don't.

Just eat less, small portions, dont eat after 7:30pm and get active. It doesnt have to be killer, just 4-5 times week. Maybe go for a 30 minute run or a hard cycle 3-4 times per week, and then and do some bodyweight excerises a few times per week (start with small sets of pushups and crunshes, aiming to do say 100 a day and then build up)

eat well and do cardio at least 3-4 times per week, the 20 lbs should come off. Be inventive with the cardio too, cycling, running, hiking, stair walking or running, playing intense basketball or soccer, skipping mix it up

Comment

2 big meals is a no no; you should graze on 5-6 meals a day.

You REALLY should have breakfast, it's pretty stupid not to.

Eat clean; lean meats, fresh fruit and veg, fish etc, combined with a moderate exercise regime, say 2 jogs a week and 2/3 weight training sessions (brilliant for fat loss if youre in calorie deficit).

Comment

Working...
          X