Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking back on it Manny Pacquiao had a fairly terrible career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny Pacquiao was 36 years old when he fought Floyd, not 28-29 (which Is long past an offensive fighter like Pacquiao's prime). There was no way he was going to be able to sustain throwing 1,000 punches In that fight. He has fought more conservatively since he was knocked cold by Marquez and at the end of the day fighting conservatively cost him the fight. At any rate, he had his chance and blew It, he only has himself to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
      Manny Pacquiao was 36 years old when he fought Floyd, not 28-29 (which Is long past an offensive fighter like Pacquiao's prime). There was no way he was going to be able to sustain throwing 1,000 punches In that fight. He has fought more conservatively since he was knocked cold by Marquez and at the end of the day fighting conservatively cost him the fight. At any rate, he had his chance and blew It, he only has himself to blame.
      How old was Floyd when they fought ?

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        How old was Floyd when they fought ?
        Floyd fights nothing like Pacquiao, It Is absolutely Irrelevant. I see where you are trying to go with this and It's not going to work. They were both past there primes with Pacquiao being much more so due to his fighting style and the grueling fights throughout his career.

Comment

Floyd fights nothing like Pacquiao, It Is absolutely Irrelevant. I see where you are trying to go with this and It's not going to work. They were both past there primes with Pacquiao being much more so due to his fighting style and the grueling fights throughout his career.
          So they both past primes and Floyd is older.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            So they both past primes and Floyd is older.
            Sure Is, the difference Is there fighting styles and the fact that one of them has a lot more miles on them. I think most fans and fighters themselves would agree that Pacquiao was a lot further from his prime than Floyd was.

Comment

Pointless trying to reason with them mate

Comment

Sure Is, the difference Is there fighting styles and the fact that one of them has a lot more miles on them. I think most fans and fighters themselves would agree that Pacquiao was a lot further from his prime than Floyd was.
                Actually there was a poll on here before the fight was signed asking who was more passed it, Floyd won by a landslide.

Either way both were passed it but they were the #1 and #2 fighters in the world P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                  Knocked out cold by JMM, humiliated by Morales to the extent that he switched southpaw. Embarrassed by TBE in a 12 round boxing lesson, abused PED's and done for tax evasion.

Not to mention his ****phobic comments leading to being dropped by Nike.

Now he's broke and fighting nobodies like Jeff Horn. He'll end up like Roy
                  Sorry Dude Pacquiao beat Mayweater in their fight so you should thank the judges. There is no proof that Pac used PEDS. Mayweateher has also been accused of Ped use.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Actually there was a poll on here before the fight was signed asking who was more passed it, Floyd won by a landslide.

Either way both were passed it but they were the #1 and #2 fighters in the world P4P.
                    Polls are BS, there are polls that say Pac won, does that make it true? C'mon, Pac has more fights, a style that relies on athleticism and has taken ALOT more damage than Floyd. And their respective performances after the fight shows a much bigger drop in Pac's performance than Floyd's...but I guess that gets trumped by your poll.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                      Polls are BS, there are polls that say Pac won, does that make it true? C'mon, Pac has more fights, a style that relies on athleticism and has taken ALOT more damage than Floyd. And their respective performances after the fight shows a much bigger drop in Pac's performance than Floyd's...but I guess that gets trumped by your poll.
                      Didn't say it meant anything just pointing out that most fans didn't say that, atleast on here they didn't anyway.

Polls had Pacquaio beating Mayweather? Link me to that poll.

Pacquaio looked pretty good after Floyd actually for multiple years.

Comment

Working...
                      X