Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's the only fighter in this era to defeat 13 ring mag rated fighters in a row

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
    Their rankings are also based on opinion. Those same people who give out awards, also do the ranking systems so if you are saying they are wrong on their awards then they must be wrong on the rankings as well. I understand what you're trying to say but you only want ring magazine if it benefits your point of view. Either they are credible or not. Honestly Ring Magazine's rankings are kinda iffy. Adonis Stevenson is the lineal champ but everyone knows that belongs to kovalev. Miguel Cotto is lineal champ but we all know that belongs to triple G. Take it for what it is.
    just cause I don't agree with everything like awards doesn't mean they are not credible

For instance kobe has 5 rings was considered the best player in the league ten years only got one MVP....lebron has 4 I think...we won't always agree with award winners

Every system has its flaws but I think the rungs rankings are more credible than the alphabet boys they rank contenders and all the alphabet soup champs too

Alphabet soups don't rank other titlist and a lot of their ranking placement are a bit more head scratching than the ring

As far as awards we won't always agree but cotto and Stevenson beat the man who beat the man....golovkin and kovalev are excellent fighters and hopefully we get those fights to sort things out

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      I wonder why no replies....I guess yall already know who has
      If you were wondering why it took so long to get a reply, its because people were laughing at how fuking ******ed you looked by making this thread.....lol Merry Xmas btw!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        If you were wondering why it took so long to get a reply, its because people were laughing at how fuking ******ed you looked by making this thread.....lol Merry Xmas btw!
        Thanks bro....how would you think if PAC fights Vargas? Excited or men?

Comment

I think he was elite ... Between 130 & 135

Lineal at 135 won the IBF, wbo at 130
          His only losses were to casa mayor, Floyd, and Jose Luis Castillo

He was the favorite going in the fight with pbf and the only lightweight he faced he couldn't beat was Floyd

He was definitely elite....atg? No...but elite during his prime at his weight in his era

All world champs
          Diego was severely weight drained when he fought Floyd and was thinking about going to jail for a while. For the weigh in, Diego came in 2lbs over weight. If you like stats, then I gave you a stat that is very important. Diego was very tall and often had problems making weight in his fights. He had a hard time in his 3 fights prior to Floyd and after even when he moved up.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            Diego was severely weight drained when he fought Floyd and was thinking about going to jail for a while. For the weigh in, Diego came in 2lbs over weight. If you like stats, then I gave you a stat that is very important. Diego was very tall and often had problems making weight in his fights. He had a hard time in his 3 fights prior to Floyd and after even when he moved up.
            At the end of day, champions and greats are brn when people love them...

The greatest all have losses and flaws on their records.. Yet they are the greatest

Many have 0 losses or close to but do not compare to the ones the are the best.. Wonder why? Because it's better to fight everyone and lose than to cherry pick your way to a no losses career... If you don't understand this then you are as blind as those you acuse on this very same thread

Comment

Thanks bro....how would you think if PAC fights Vargas? Excited or men?
              You're welcome buddy! Im not hyped on the Vargas fight...I think its better than the Algieri fight thats for sure. But i can see the play.

Manny drops down to 140 and snags a easy belt. Then we have the whole Haymon Coward stable to deal with all over again....GARCIA!

Comment

I can't believe that you made another thread like this.

Rated?

So I'm sure that the list of names included Baldomir? See, that stat you stated is meaningless.

Ortiz? Here is a stat for you. Since his win against Berto, where he was knocked down twice, he lost to Floyd, Lopez and Collazo. So what does your stat prove? It's meaningless!

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  His prep problems were his own fault he showed heart regrouping and reclaiming titles

Part of what makes a fighter great is staying in shape and being prepared

Just like its not Jones fault toney had weight issues, or Hopkins fault with tarver

Actually when he back from jail he went back to 130 and won a belt from casamayor

If making the weight was that hard he wouldn't have returned after the lay off

Comment

Originally posted by 5.4ever View Post
                    At the end of day, champions and greats are brn when people love them...

The greatest all have losses and flaws on their records.. Yet they are the greatest

Many have 0 losses or close to but do not compare to the ones the are the best.. Wonder why? Because it's better to fight everyone and lose than to cherry pick your way to a no losses career... If you don't understand this then you are as blind as those you acuse on this very same thread
                    Not sure where you are going with that because for the most part, I agree with you!

Comment

His prep problems were his own fault he showed heart regrouping and reclaiming titles

Part of what makes a fighter great is staying in shape and being prepared

Just like its not Jones fault toney had weight issues, or Hopkins fault with tarver

Actually when he back from jail he went back to 130 and won a belt from casamayor

If making the weight was that hard he wouldn't have returned after the lay off
                      No, people do things even though their body can't. Diego said it that he was moving up as it was too hard but would do it for a title against Floyd.

After the Floyd fight, Diego tried again against Casamayor because who and what he wanted. To beat Casamayor and get a title.

Between Casamayor and Floyd, Diego was knocked down 8 times!
                      Being weight drained had something to do with it or Diego just wasn't that good at that weight ....... take your pick.

Comment

Working...
                      X