Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's the only fighter in this era to defeat 13 ring mag rated fighters in a row

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Their overall resumes are comparable but not welter resume

@ welter they fought

FM: Mitchell(unranked), Judah, Baldomir, Hatton, JMM(unranked at ww was LW champ), Guerrero, Ortiz, Mosley, and maidana

PAC: DLH(unranked), cotto, clottey, JMM1-1(loss by ko jmm was unranked), Bradley(1-1bradley unranked in first fight), Rios(unranked), Algieri(unranked at ww but wbo at jww)

Manny is like 10-4 in title fights, Floyd is 22-0

Floyd has a better comp in each class they both competed in

Overall mayweather has more quantity & quality in less fights IMO, not taking anything from PAC man
    I see what you did there. Doesn't take the fact that they were ranked in their division/p4p ratings(JMM).

Either way Pac's last 13 fights>>>>>>>>>>>Mayweather's

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      I see what you did there. Doesn't take the fact that they were ranked in their division/p4p ratings(JMM).

So getting knocked our by jmm, getting a gift in the third fight with marquez 1-1 with Bradley

Consistently fighting unranked welterweights @ welterweight is more impressive? Was getting outboxed by Erik morales in those last 13?

Mayweather is a 2 time lineal champ.... Has fought the number 1, 2, or 3 guy several times but PAC never being lineal and losing to guys that did nothing at ww is more impressive.... Yea right

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post

Pass the dutch to me cause you got some good green!!! In PACs last 13, fights he has a robbery win, robbery loss, ko loss, fights with several unranked ww @ ww

The last unranked guy Floyd fought was jmm he schooled him

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          Pass the dutch to me cause you got some good green!!! In PACs last 13, fights he has a robbery win, robbery loss, ko loss, fights with several unranked ww @ ww

The last unranked guy Floyd fought was jmm he schooled him
          No matter how hard you try to clean may knob thier were still better fighters at the time he could have fought instead he fought some pretty weak champions or past prime champs and used that excused that they were champs to avoid better fighters.Keep trying harder clown
          Last edited by Wizardsh; 12-25-2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

The thing you have to respect about Mayweather, even if you take the names of his resume out of the equation, for a long long time now he has turned up in great shape, completely focused, never had a particularly bad night, never been hit with a shot and KO'd, for a fighter to do this now for many years against world class fighters (some better than others)...it's an incredible achievement in it's own right.

Also add the names back, people will try and pick holes in it, which you can do with any fighter in history. But look at Mosley, he was the man at the time, KO'd Margarito, people say Floyd wont fight him, he fights him and wins and Mosley is a suddenly bum. Also you can find huge threads on here "Floyd will never get in the ring with Canelo" - he does, he wins - "Canelo is a novice". This ain't made up, it's in this forum to be seen first hand.

Now what you're dealing with when it comes to hardcore Floyd and Manny fans is a bunch of morons on both sides. Their fans aren't able to give the other credit, they have to dismiss one fighters achievements to big up their own guy.

The truth is that both fighters achievements in the ring are incredible, something we might not see again for a long time! Both deserve respect from any true boxing fans. You can fault both for some things, but you can never disrespect what both have done in the ring.

In one sense, i really want both to retire because their moron fans with tunnel vision make forums like this a tedious place to visit.

Comment

It's such an irrelevant stat. A fighter could be fighting the 4th to 6th rated figther in the weight class most of the time and once and a while fight the 2nd rated in the division. Why not fight the 2nd or 3rd most the time. Second reason and the more important reason the competition now sucks. I'm not a fan of Floyd as a person but as a boxer I respect him he's the best defensive fighter we've seen in a long time and as a Pacquiao fan I'll admit the competition both these guys are facing is a joke. The fact that we even mention Baldomir, Judah, Hatton, Clottey, David Diaz as accomplishments because they were ring magazine rated fighters is hilarious. Duran, Hearns, Hagler, Leonard all would of beaten Floyd and Pacquiao imo just because Floyd has beaten 13 rated ring magazine fighters doesn't mean anything to me in his placement in history. Pacquiao and Mayweather are the 2 best fighters in the last decade but both aren't even top 10 all time and if you think different you're just a nuthugger

Comment

How dare Floyd be the most skilled boxer in history...
                How dare he "cherry pick" all these world champions and guys coming off big wins...

And most of all,

How DARE he..........Make it Look Soo Easy...

Comment

Originally posted by blacraven View Post
                  How dare Floyd be the most skilled boxer in history...
                  How dare he "cherry pick" all these world champions and guys coming off big wins...

And most of all,

How DARE he..........Make it Look Soo Easy...
                  lol seriously they sound ******ed saying floyd cherry picked:

1. 130 genaro hernandez - undefeated at the weight ten title defenses
                  2. Diego corrales - undefeated at the weight 6 title defenses
                  3. jose luis castillo - five title defenses
                  4. arturo gatti - five title defenses
                  5. zab judah - former undisputed two weight world champion
                  6. oscar de la hoya - was the WBC champ at 154 at the time
                  7. Ricky hatton - former WBA champ at 147
                  8. Juan manuel marquez - undisputed 135 champion
                  9. Shane mosley- was the current WBA champion at 147
                  10. Miguel cotto - was the WBA champ at 154
                  11. Canelo Alvarez - was the WBA and WBc champ at 154

some cherry picking

Comment

I love when people say Pac would run through Floyd's resume even though he got KO'd by Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
                      I love when people say Pac would run through Floyd's resume even though he got KO'd by Marquez.
                      Who in Floyd's resume fights like Marquez? None!

It took Marquez 4 tries and Marquez was losing until that one punch. In boxing, everyone has a chance if you have enough power to KO the opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X