Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which win over RJJ was the most impressive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hell is Montell Griffin on the poll for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bull24 View Post
      This thread wouldn't exist if Jones Jr. did not go to heavyweight and starve himself down to light heavy again.
      True indeed. But his critics point to the rematch where he had ample time to get used to 175 again. Problem was two things. One, Roy was always a small lhw, and second, his reflexes took a turn for the worst. He started getting hit in the 1st Tarver fight because he got tired. It was the first time he ever got tired in a fight since he became champion. Against naturally bigger men, that spelled doom. Credit to Tarver who was no slouch, but had Roy not gone to heavy, I think he decisions Tarver way more clearer than the first fight. But, there is the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by PurePugilist216 View Post
        Tarver and its not even close. The rest were just a shot man being beaten to death.
        No other correct answer.

Comment

Few things can rival Antonio Tarver's complete and total mental and spiritual ownership of Roy Jones. I personally felt the world was coming to an end after their rematch. One of the sillier more pointless threads. Ever.

Comment

Tarver.

Obviously not a prime RJJ, but the closest if you don't count Griffin who didn't really win..

Whoever advised Roy to go down to 175, and not CW, deserves a beating.

Comment

Calzaghe obviously.

Picturing all the Fat Yanks spunking their knickers in the first round only for Joe to come back and clown on Roy for the rest of the fight was orgasmic.

I could almost taste the tears.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Calzaghe obviously.

Picturing all the Fat Yanks spunking their knickers in the first round only for Joe to come back and clown on Roy for the rest of the fight was orgasmic.

I could almost taste the tears.
                i could taste them(i was crying)

Comment

Only 1 for Glen and 5 for JC?? Johnson for me. He wasn't supposed to win, the late Manny Stewart was totally criticizing Johnson for throwing all those punches. My jaws dropped when a brutal ko was immediately repeated.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Out of all the guys who beat him who do you think scored the biggest accomplishment?
                    you forgot the one option that really matters the most, father time. he beat Roy more convincingly and decisive than any of those guys because it wasn't until father time beat him that Tarver beat him. as long as Roy was just even 10% of his former self he wasn't going to lose to any of those guys. after coming down from heavyweight he was 110% done for "and still" came down and won the Light Heavyweight crown LOL so you can just imagine how great he was, it took for him to deteriorate in order for them to even touch him.

For the sake of participating in the poll like how you said, well I say Bernard. not because he even did good but because it really doesn't matter who I pick because fact is he would have been undefeated right now had he just walked off at Heavyweight (Griffin loss does NOT count, I don't care what the books say Roy didn't lose that fight)

Comment

I threw Griffin in for completeness.

Plus some people believe he was winning the fight and that's why Roy became a little over anxious and got DQ'd. Not that I agree with them but there is a faction out there that thinks this way.

Comment

Working...
                      X