No announcement yet.

Muhammed ali footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammed ali footwork

I box i dont fight anything like Ali but his footwork is the best i have every seen out of all the heavyweights but how could i get footwork like him.

would it just be jumping rope all the time any thing I could do it looks like his feet were gliding his foot were so smooth.

I saw vs floyd patterson he came out his corner and slide it look like he was skating the way his feet would slide and turn.

Originally posted by HeavyweightCP View Post
    I box i dont fight anything like Ali but his footwork is the best i have every seen out of all the heavyweights but how could i get footwork like him.

would it just be jumping rope all the time any thing I could do it looks like his feet were gliding his foot were so smooth.

I saw vs floyd patterson he came out his corner and slide it look like he was skating the way his feet would slide and turn.
    I saw that fight against Patterson. Absolutely beautiful.

Comment

man had very light feet and 1 of the best jabs ive seen,great reflex's and a sharp mind

Comment

I don't know about Ali, but here was how Sugar Ray Robinson developed great footwork:

Sugar Ray Robinson on How to Have Great Footwork

Comment

The chances are you will never have the footwork of Ali, he was extremely light on his feet especially for such a large man.

Jump rope will help, ballet (not joking) & shadow boxing.
          You need good posture.
          Keep the movements simple, you need to have a rythm with everything you do, if you have no rythm, you will look be robotic.

Comment

It's good to see a question like this, somebody that realises just how crucial footwork is in boxing, it's a very rare sight these days.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
              It's good to see a question like this, somebody that realises just how crucial footwork is in boxing, it's a very rare sight these days.
              yeah i know right! Just watching Foreman Vs Ali and you can see just how important it is, he kept moving side to side and keeping george of balance so he couldnt unload. It was an amazing performance from Ali.
              His footwork i gotta say is great, but what i think was just incredible was his fitness! he could literally dance 15 rounds and cruise to a UD! Might look easy for ppl who've never boxed before but geeee even going 3 rounds and doing that is difficult enough.

Comment

Working...
              X