No announcement yet.

my fight 6th one ends in knockdowns 3rd round is the best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheTruthIs View Post
    Good stuff. Work on straightening your punches out and it will help you to take advantage of height and range. Use jab to keep your range, straight right to exploit it. Hooks off of those. But you are right on track for that at 5-6 fights. it takes everyone a while to straighten out.
    I am not sure what fight you were watching, but for having 5-6 fights, this is not on the right track. If I didn't know this was his 6th fight, I would of guessed first or second, third at most.

There are no fundamentals in this fight. The jab was pretty much non existent, foot work was horrible, as well as being flat footed. Hands were low to start with, nevermind coming back after a punch. There were nothing but bombs being thrown and even then the punches were not even turned over fully.

I am not being an ******* and saying you suck or whatever, but you posted a video so I assume you want feed back. I am not someone who has stepped in a gym once or twice and knows everything. I've been in a gym my entire life, I have well over 70 amature fights with only 5 losses(3 of them being bull**** but that's another can of worms), have trained with, sparred, and even fought against(In the am's) past world champions. You can take some of my advice, or not. It won't bother me either way.

Comment

Domey was correct. Too much swinging, hands too low, no jabs at all. You were really flat footed and open defensively. Keep your hands up. He made you pay at 0:34 with a clean shot right down the pipe. If you had a jab, a much smaller guy with not much skill like that wouldnt be able to get near you to land an easy shot like that.

You are tall, long and look pretty strong. Work on basic footwork, keeping your hands up, and developing a good jab and nice straight cross to work off. It is obvious you had the strength and power to stop this guy, but you could have really outclassed him as well with improvements.

You will have to start fighting better fighters soon. That other guy looked like he had had one or two fights, and he wasn't very good. And he was smaller too. If you had a competent fighter in front of you, you would have gotten outclassed. You need to really work on some stuff, because once you have had a few more fights, you could get matched with a guy who has had more than 20, and if you don't improve soon that will not end very well for you.
      Last edited by Suckmedry; 11-04-2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Pretty green and raw... I don't even judge people until after 3 or 4 fights... Gives them time to settle down in the ring. But then again I don't even let people sparr until after six months of training.

Comment

Not bad.
          But, keep your hands up. Work off the jab. You are fortunate this kid didn't have any power, he clocked you pretty good a few times. Like some of the others said, use your own style. Stay in the gym, keep working.

Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Domey View Post
            I am not sure what fight you were watching...

lol I was trying to be polite, more because I've been a bit of a dick lately, and especially when ill-tempered starving from cutting.

That aside, meh...lots of people 5 or so fights still look pretty wild. Yea, he's got lots to work on, but who doesn't? Straightening out those punches would be a good start...as it ain't gonna happen without improving a lot of other things.

Comment

I understand the criticisms, left hand wasn't used much if you watch during the beginning my left shoulder popped out and it was painful to use the first 2 rounds. Third round I was able to get use of it. I will do another fight soon and I hope you guys see improvement thank you for the comments though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Hitter Quiter View Post
                Personally I feel your standing to straight up but thats just me
                I agree, I think you fight to tall and when you throw your power punches your feet are all over the place. Get your range and when you're in position drop that weight and get your feet under you. You'll have loads more power.

Also you were popping those elbows out when you threw some of your straight punches, more experienced guys will read that and you'll be hitting air. Remember the punch that hurts em is the one they don't see coming

Otherwise, nice work man, its **** loads harder in the ring than it is watching from the outside. Respect to you for doing what most people are to scared to do.

Comment

what weight is this?

Comment

I understand I'm supposted to be constructive and what not, But is this honestly your 6th fight? really... ?

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
                      Derp, are the gloves to heavy lol? you Herp to derp your hands down alot Herpa derpa derp!
                      and you should use your derp advantage or do you herp you just have big arms because you descend from the HHHNNNGHHHHHH? Herpa derpa derp, da herpa derpa durp! lol
                      True dat brother, true dat!

Comment

Working...
                      X