Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Ibeabuchi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is just a fact that humanity produces some bodies that are like natural steroid machines. There really are people so naturally muscular that even their eyeballs are popping with muscle. This phenomenon is, perhaps, no more rare than extremely beautiful women, high mechanical geniuses or incredibly gifted musicians, etc.. No way to know for sure.

But I have seen them and I have known them. A friend of my father's was more muscular than Weider or Atlas, and he would have laughed at the idea of lifting weights. When he spent vast energy he wanted it to be for money in the form of official work. I have talked about this guy before on here. I am convinced he could have walked into any bodybuilding contest in the United States during the 1950's without training, and won the contest. He never officially worked out a day in his life.

You want muscles? This guy even had a muscle I have never seen on another human being. I refer to it as the milking muscle, because he thought he obtained it from handmilking cows on a dairy as a teenager. I guess he would know whether he had it before this. When he doubled up either wrist, an astonishing muscle popped out. It was about the size of a large marble, and stood up tall. You want grip? He could pulp a young potato in his fist almost as easily as you or I would crush a tomato.

Since this man was completely natural, I have to be very hesitant to accuse boxers with incredible bodies of cheating. I have seen what nature can do when she wants a freak.

An interesting and parenthetical story comes from when he and my dad were in grammar school. The fellow was always a very poor student, restless, who could not tolerate school. It was an old schoolhouse with one big room. The teacher used to send this young gentleman as an eighth grader over to sit with the first and second graders, perhaps hoping the humiliation would make him attend to school work. Instead, my dad would look over to the little kids' section where four or five desks were bolted together as they used to be. This gentleman (his name was Bob) would be sitting on the end of the row and would have leveraged all the other little kids up in the air, their feet dangling, while the teacher was at the blackboard with her back to the class.

When nature produces specimens like this, it is impossible to tell the difference between cheats in sports and fair players without some additional evidence. In many cases that additional evidence did exist. There is a lot of official documentation on Mosley, for instance, and his monetary dealings with Balco.
    Last edited by The Old LefHook; 05-24-2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Was he juicing? Possibly. Kinda hard to go by physique though.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Was he juicing? Possibly. Kinda hard to go by physique though.
        Uhhh...my dad is 87 years old. His friend (now deceased) was born in 1927. He was not juicing. He would not have had the motivation anyway, if juice had even been available then. He was not remotely interested in sports.

Comment

I notice very few white guys in boxing cut as well as the white guys over in MMA. Hmm...any speculators?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            What really rasps me is that some of today's muscle elephant boxers have more muscle and better bodies (for competitive bodybuilding, at least) than the beefiest musclemen of old, such as Charles Atlas and Joe Weider. Has weightlifting technique really come that far?

What I would really like to know (and I am dying to know this) is how far the body can be taken without PED's. Some boxers of old were extremely hard, such as Emile Griffith, Tom Sharkey, young Holyfield and Hagler. I think the otherworldy hardness can be had for the price of terrific work, but modern muscle mass may be a different matter, and may require chemical help.

What do you think about this? I figure a very large percentage of top boxers have been on steroids or some kind of PEDs in the last decade and a half. If ever proven, I do not think anything they did in boxing should count in the record books. Their accomplishments should be expunged, or at least put in perspective with asteriks and footnotes.

I know this is too harsh for most people. But it is the one tactic that might work to stop athletes, once they felt their legacies were in danger. How about long or eternal banishments from sport for infractions proven to be non-accidental?

To me watching steroid bulls compete has about the same interest as watching robots fight. I am not interested in watching. Not at all. That is how I feel about steroid bulls and robots.
            I agree with the bold.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              I agree with the bold.
              Does that mean you disagree with this part of my post?--

To me watching steroid bulls compete has about the same interest as watching robots fight. I am not interested in watching. Not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                Does that mean you disagree with this part of my post?--
                No, not at all. The is just the bold I feel very strong about.

Comment

I enjoy watching fights. I have my suspicions about many fighters the last 2 decades. But unless proven it's speculation. Granted we're not stupid, but with no failed test we can't take a fighters acheivments away. And if a guy gets caught once do we condemn a whole career? It's a slippery slope mostly based on how we feel about certain fighters. James Toney for instance. He he failed a test until later in his career until he was obviously past his best. Do we take away his skills and achievements because of that? Tough call.

Comment

I want playing fields that are not only level but human. Those not on drugs should not be penalized by the performances of those who are.

If enhancers that are perfectly safe ever come along, then TBear and I will have to reexamine our positions and see if we are still against them.

Then again, you might make it safe for the person injesting, but they do not make an enhancer that protects against brain damage from the heavier punches of a user. All human or all robot, but not PED users. So our position is secure after all.

Comment

Ibeabuchi was obviously using a lot of steroids but his genetics were pretty freaky. Nobody else that size who pumps himself full of the best PED's is gonna have that kind of stamina to go along with it. That amount of muscles need a lot of oxygen, guys like that have to pace themselves otherwise otherwise they'll burn out quickly. But Ike defied science that night. If this whacko dies in prison they really oughta give his lungs and heart to science so they can figure out how this muscle bound freak of nature broke those records.

Comment

Working...
                      X