Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

twisting back leg when throwing right hand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin'
    it seems that you are looking at boxing like it was a can of Lincoln Logs, you gotta work outside and past the box. You can generate a ton of power and force without extending your self fully with the shoulders. Throwing shots that long will get you countered frequently and to your dismay once you get further along.

You punch just past the head, not a mile............

Also, the way that you 'turn it over' will count all the same.

But I still contend that a foot pressing in from behind, from your foot to the tip of your knuckle, a flowing, magnified burst of kinetic energy.......... Rockin'
    You wouldn't go all out with every straight right that you throw just like every punch you throw, but for shots that you want to put lots of power into you should.

By pushing with your foot you make it sound like you are lunging forwards with it, which would add force but also make counter punches more effective against you.

You obviously wouldn't punch way past their head, you wouldn't be able to fully extend your arm which would reduce the force transferred.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      I was taught to try to push my right hand through the back of my targets head.

If you like to throw love taps with your "power" hand, be my guest.

Look at Vlads left shoulder almost every time he throws his right hand. He easily has the best right hand in boxing right now. Its no coincidence why either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9dwu...e_gdata_player
      That's a funny gif you have, why cant he produce much power on his hook, isn't he famous for a truly badass left hook?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin'
        if you were trained to do it you could throw hard all night long, don't kid yourself.

sure you're going to run in to some shots, it's boxing. I guess I didn't mind putting my defensive abilities to the test to land a smashing right fist to the middle of some guys face. I was trained as a pure boxer and a pitbull too, 2 completely different fights. ............. Rockin'
        I wasn't saying you can't throw rights as hard as possible every time, just that it's not always a good idea to do so.

There's no point in leaving yourself more open than you need to just to test your head movement. Unless you just like getting punched in the head, then feel free to leave your hands at your waist as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          That's a funny gif you have, why cant he produce much power on his hook, isn't he famous for a truly badass left hook?
          Mayorga had a truly badass chin, it was also the beginning of the fight, so he probably and a nice adrenaline boost going too which doesn't hurt.

Comment

Foot should turn.

T see a clip of Manny Pacquiao punching a bag and you can clearly see the foot turning.

Type: HOW POWERFUL MANNY PACQUIAO'S PUNCH? Sport Science REVEALS!

To see Floyd Mayweather explaining the "push":

Type: Floyd Mayweather shows you how to throw a "Power Punch" in Youtube

Other fighters do it too but it's not as visible. There are many reasons for that though.

Someone mentioned being off balance after throwing a straight punch. HEre's a vid explaining that:

Type: How To Throw A Knockout Punch - The Right Cross - A Punching Technique To End Fights In One Strike

P.S. - I can't post links on boxingscene

Comment

Working...
            X