Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Callum Smith send BJS a counter offer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't Callum Smith send BJS a counter offer?

Feels the money wasn't enough. The offer was a 50/50 offer, meaning no A-side. So why not send a counter offer? It ain't like BJS has anything else going on. A unification and a big domestic fight.

I said I didn’t expect this fight to happen when the offer was first reported. Callum Smith doesn’t need Billy Joe Saunders, so he’s not going to fight him.

Comment

They obviously don’t want it

A flat refusal with no negotiation just means you don’t want the fight.

Comment

To flat out refuse with no counter suggests to me Smith will be fighting in the US from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          To flat out refuse with no counter suggests to me Smith will be fighting in the US from now on.
          F#cking Eddie.

Hope you're wrong. Or at least hope he's gonna fight some real US mfers if he's fighting US only from here out. F#cking N'Dam was a bs fight.

Comment

Callum Smith doesn’t need BJS. He’s waiting for the Canelo offer. If he doesn’t get that, he’ll move to 175.

BJS couldn’t even sell out a small arena in Stevenage. So 50/50 doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Callum Smith is a bigger draw in Liverpool than BJS is in little Stevenage. The offer should be 60/40.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
              Callum Smith doesn’t need BJS. He’s waiting for the Canelo offer. If he doesn’t get that, he’ll move to 175.

BJS couldn’t even sell out a small arena in Stevenage. So 50/50 doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Callum Smith is a bigger draw in Liverpool than BJS is in little Stevenage. The offer should be 60/40.
              So why not make him a 60/40 counter offer that equals what BJS would've gotten at 50/50?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                So why not make him a 60/40 counter offer that equals what BJS would've gotten at 50/50?
                They are most likely waiting for Canelo.

Why sign a fight with BJS now when the Canelo fight might happen?

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                  They are most likely waiting for Canelo.

Why sign a fight with BJS now when the Canelo fight might happen?
                  This is the reason the quality of British boxing has tanked. These the type of fights that make British boxing great. But y'all fighters for a taste of the American lifestyle and money and now they don't want to make big domestic fights

Comment

I don't know his reason for not taking the fight but I think Smith would destroy Saunders with no problem. I think Smith is much better in every way and he punches very hard with both hands to head and body. Saunders can't punch hard, Saunders rarely knocks anyone down. I think he is lucky he is not fighting Smith because I think Smith would chew him up. I don't know this for a fact but I am very sure Smith beats him easily.

Comment

Working...
                    X