Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: Garcia is Special, But Biting Off A lot With Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Dont think porter was even slightly hurt in the first rd. Spence is here holding on, leaning, looking lost, weak, does a little stanky leg At one point trying to feign mind condition and because he throws one punch in those 20 secs he wasnt that hurt. Porter throws two punches, doesnt lean or hold, just bobs and weaves and he was hurt more? Porter clearly still had his strength even if he was maybe rocked
    Check right at the end of the round. If anything, Porter's legs were more shaky there where he had to grab. Spence looked mostly fine. But again, we may be arguing semantics. You believe what you see and vice versa. Hopefully we are able to see all these match ups.

If I had to do a percentage breakdown of Spence against the top WWs and including heading into his fight with Brook, I'd break them down like this:

50/50 vs Crawford
    55/45 vs Brook
    65/35 vs Thurman
    70/30 vs Porter

You can lean slightly towards Crawford if you want, that would be fair but to me that is a true pick-em that could go either way. Thought Brook had the size/strength advantage that would bug Spence some and had good boxing ability. All that proved to be true, but Spence dug in and really took over in the 2nd half of the fight. Thurman will have his shot early to hurt Spence and he is good on his legs, but think Spence ends up breaking him down for a late stoppage. Porter may be able to push Spence back in spots, but I really struggle to see how he wins here. Spence is going to get better of the inside exchanges and Spence has the strength to hold his own when Porter barrages recklessly unlike other WWs. I mean Brook also had the strength and was able to clinch and won the fight fairly comfortable in my eyes in the range of like 9-3 or 8-4.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Check right at the end of the round. If anything, Porter's legs were more shaky there where he had to grab. Spence looked mostly fine. But again, we may be arguing semantics. You believe what you see and vice versa. Hopefully we are able to see all these match ups.

If I had to do a percentage breakdown of Spence against the top WWs and including heading into his fight with Brook, I'd break them down like this:

50/50 vs Crawford
      55/45 vs Brook
      65/35 vs Thurman
      70/30 vs Porter

You can lean slightly towards Crawford if you want, that would be fair but to me that is a true pick-em that could go either way. Thought Brook had the size/strength advantage that would bug Spence some and had good boxing ability. All that proved to be true, but Spence dug in and really took over in the 2nd half of the fight. Thurman will have his shot early to hurt Spence and he is good on his legs, but think Spence ends up breaking him down for a late stoppage. Porter may be able to push Spence back in spots, but I really struggle to see how he wins here. Spence is going to get better of the inside exchanges and Spence has the strength to hold his own when Porter barrages recklessly unlike other WWs. I mean Brook also had the strength and was able to clinch and won the fight fairly comfortable in my eyes in the range of like 9-3 or 8-4.
      I didnt pay attention. Porter was hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        I didnt pay attention. Porter was hurt.
        Also check Hearn's reactions throughout the fight LOL. That man was literally clapping every time Brook landed a punch. Say what you want about him, but he really does love his fighters.

And yeah, it was at that point I knew my pick of Brook over Porter was looking good lol.

Comment

Yep, the Garcias has lots of pride. But, pride comes before the fall. Hopefully, and I’m sure they’ll throw in the towel before they all Mikey to be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
            I agree that special is the wrong word for Mikey!

I don’t walk the fence like many and afraid to commit I like to go IN ALL THE WAY!!

Mikey is EXTRA SPECIAL!!!

When He wins the naysayers can say WOW !!!MIKEY IS EXTRAORDINARILY SPECIAL as I say that Now !!!!

Don’t be chicken about it 😂😂😂go all in one way or the other😂😂😂😜
            you really do have courage. were you in viet nam?

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
              I agree that special is the wrong word for Mikey!

I don’t walk the fence like many and afraid to commit I like to go IN ALL THE WAY!!

Mikey is EXTRA SPECIAL!!!

When He wins the naysayers can say WOW !!!MIKEY IS EXTRAORDINARILY SPECIAL as I say that Now !!!!

Don’t be chicken about it 😂😂😂go all in one way or the other😂😂😂😜
              You betting?

Comment

I like Mikey but he has 0% chance!!!

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
                  I think Spence will make Mickey quit.... Robert will throw in the towel. Round 8-10.
                  Won't take that long.....

Comment

Originally posted by fixpont View Post
                    How do you know? Micky never fought in WW. We know nothing about Garcia WW's performance until Saturday. Saying that Micky is best talent in WW is saying Usyk is the best talent in Hevyweight. We dont know... at all.
                    Yea that was a loose comment for real!! Totally agree with you as WE ALL SHOULD!!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      I don't think Crawford hits harder than Spence, but punch for punch, I do think Thurman has heavier hands...But only early in fights. After the 4th or 5th round he starts to get on his bike and boxes to a decision.

Brook may have buzzed Spence here and there, but he most definitely didn't hurt him das you are making it seem. There is a difference there. Spence was never rocked in that fight.

And when did I say Spence hurt GGG? I said, accurately, that Brook landed more harder/cleaner shots in five rounds against GGG than Spence. Are you disputing that?
                      Popcorn anyone?

Comment

Working...
                      X