Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Bob Foster KO Jake Lamotta at 175lb?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most likely scenario here is jake being stopped. Cant see him having any chance of victory against foster. great fighter lamotta but never fought anyone like foster.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
      I think he could. Foster had no joke in that left hook, and he could possibly hit LaMotta with the perfect punch. Like if Hagler moved up, and had to face Foster, I could see the ambulance pulling up minutes after Bob cold****ed him.
      Yeah, Tiger showed that even the strongest Middleweights have no business bringing the fight to Foster. Maybe LaMotta and Hagler, being even tougher and much more skilled, last longer; but their fate is the same,

Comment

Foster was a big, powerful LHW. LaMotta faced other LHWs, but likely not with Foster's power.

Comment

Foster was indeed a lethal puncher. Looking at this match up highlights real differences in size. I don't know what the weight of each man was, but if we look at the difference in size, including extension into space of the limbs, bone structure, height, etc...Foster is physically a lot larger than La Motta.

As far as what would happen. Watch La Motta on tape and one can see that he does not "take punches" all day. He deflects and rolls with punches...La Motta was sharp as a tack until pretty much the day he died, often appearing on television, including with Robinson. This was not a man who just took a good shot, no no no! This was a man who learned to use his small, stocky weight distribution to great effect, to redirect blows and get to a place where he could land.

Could La Motta Wether the sheriff? (Foster's nickname) Im gonna say YES and NO. IF La Motta was told "just don't get knocked out, I believe he could take a few of Foster's best shots and make it through...But if he was told "Win this fight" I believe he would have to take risks that would allow Foster to KO him with a good shot when he was trying to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Foster was a big, powerful LHW. LaMotta faced other LHWs, but likely not with Foster's power.
            well said.

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

As far as what would happen. Watch La Motta on tape and one can see that he does not "take punches" all day. He deflects and rolls with punches...La Motta was sharp as a tack until pretty much the day he died, often appearing on television, including with Robinson. This was not a man who just took a good shot, no no no! This was a man who learned to use his small, stocky weight distribution to great effect, to redirect blows and get to a place where he could land.
            post of the year.

Comment

- -I'd take the Tiger KOed by Sheriff Bob over the Lamotta being proposed here.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                Thats a fair point QueenB! I just posted about Joe Rein and I think it was Joe (not sure) who told me about meeting Tiger: He described him as a big man who would gingerly let you shake his hand like it was a big wet fish, because he did not want to hurt his tools.

Comment

Randell Tex Cobb was hit hundreds of times on the chin from Larry Holmes baseball bat fist, and didn't feel a thing, only coke could do that. A criminal on cocaine was shot three times with a 45 caliber gun and still was coming before he fell
                  down.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    A prime LaMotta vs. a prime Tiger would be an interesting fight.

Tiger had a strong semblance to Hagler, and LaMotta was really effective against guys who came forward.

The fact that Ray Robinson, Lloyd Marshall and Fritzie Zivic all decided to box defensively against LaMotta says a lot - good and bad, about Jake's ability. I admit, the conditions in those fights often favored the Paisan, but they all chose to fight him, nd on the back-foot is how they did it.

Comment

- -They fought The marauding Jake on the back foot to keep his mug into their power range.

Comment

Working...
                      X