Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is James Kirkland a good tune-up before GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    I can see Canelo fighting Tapia next. Not ggg. He doesn't want any part of that
    That will be a great fight as well like Canelo-Kirkland.

As far as Kirkland for GGG no cos GGG pack a hugh force in a single punch but Kirkland is more of a punches in bunches type of guy.

A good tune up for GGG is Lemieux at middleweight.

Comment

Never speculate that if one fighter beats another fighter, he can beat a different fighter. Kirkland is no Golovkin. Nobuhiro Ishida KO'd Kirkland in 1 round! The man has a 28.21% KO ratio. I've yet to see Golovkin even hurt.

Comment

No it would not prove Canelo can beat GGG in my opinion. I think Canelo is close to a sure thing to KO Kirkland. Kirkland is a vicious fighter who throws lots of hard punches. Canelo can take a punch and has never been knocked down and only staggered once when he was a teenager. Kirkland is easy to hit and his chin is only fair. Canelo is a fast, hard, accurate puncher. GGG is ten times better than Kirkland and he is a close to a sure thing to beat Canelo because he has an iron jaw and he can beat any fight under 175 including Ward in my opinion. Canelo probably beats all other middleweights but not GGG. Don't get mad at me folks. It's just my honest opinion and I am wrong quite often.

Comment

Lemuiex would be a better simulation of ggg

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            I agree with the 8-10rds, I think going 8-10 tuff rds with Kirkland would prepare anyone as much as they can for ggg considering theres no orthdox MW fighter with the right hand power of GGG besides Kirkland. But their styles do differ, GGG is more selective/accurate with his punches and waste less than James does making GGG scarier imo...
            That's true GGG is more accurate and is a better technician than Kirkland. He also has more physical gifts than kirkland in that he is taller and better chin. The reason i think james is scarier is because james has a mean streak. In that he won't show mercy. It's as if he gets a pleasure from someone's pain. He's relentless and someone who has sparred both golovkin and kirkland has said kirkland in terms of physical strength was stronger than golovkin. Golovkin fights honorably but james is like a rabid beast. That's the only reason i think kirkland is scarier, it's just subjective.

Comment

There's a reason ****nelo wants to stay at Caneloweight (155lbs) instead of moving to 160lbs. Kirkland is southpaw and a junior middleweight. GGG is conventional and a middleweight. They both have the same reach but that's about the only thing they have in common besides they both fought Ishida. Ishida knocked out Kirkland and was knocked out by GGG. Kirkland is coming off a long layoff and a new team. GGG is active and has an established team. GGG will knock ****nelo's dick in the dirt. Hopefully HBO will force Canelo into fighting GGG eventually.

Comment

Canelo and Cotto can have all the tuneups, wins and coaches they can obtain. I'm very appreciative of Cotto's body of work and thinks Canelo is one of the gutsiest boxers out there. But when it comes to them against Golovkin, they have the perfect style to get KOed by GGG. Cotto will get retired and Canelo gets discouraged for the rest of his career....

Comment

No. James Kirkland is ****! He hasn't 1/1000th of the ability GGG has.
                  He won't win one round presuming the chinless punchbag even makes it out of round 1. Canelo is going to smash the hell out of the guy. You'll be able to make highlight reels for years to come with the amount of beautiful combinations Canelo is going to land on this guy.

Ignore all this garbage about Ann Wolfe, listen she was in the corner when Molina slapped Kirkland from pillar to post. He is still the least skilled, slowest, most flat-footed pile of garbage in the whole sport with Ann Wolfe in his corner or not. These guys who think she makes a huge difference spent too long watching Paul Bearer raise urns in The Undertakers corner as a kid. He is still exactly the same garbage ass fighter, they just use it as an excuse because Ishida exposed him in embarrassing fashion.

He has no skill at all, what so ever. Sorry but its true.

Honestly its a gross mismatch. This bum won't even land a punch on Canelo. Canelo will do whatever he likes, when he likes to this guy.

Comment

Nothing special with this fight, Canelo with an easy win because he's much fresher

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      No. James Kirkland is ****! He hasn't 1/1000th of the ability GGG has.
                      He won't win one round presuming the chinless punchbag even makes it out of round 1. Canelo is going to smash the hell out of the guy. You'll be able to make highlight reels for years to come with the amount of beautiful combinations Canelo is going to land on this guy.

Ignore all this garbage about Ann Wolfe, listen she was in the corner when Molina slapped Kirkland from pillar to post. He is still the least skilled, slowest, most flat-footed pile of garbage in the whole sport with Ann Wolfe in his corner or not. These guys who think she makes a huge difference spent too long watching Paul Bearer raise urns in The Undertakers corner as a kid. He is still exactly the same garbage ass fighter, they just use it as an excuse because Ishida exposed him in embarrassing fashion.

He has no skill at all, what so ever. Sorry but its true.

Honestly its a gross mismatch. This bum won't even land a punch on Canelo. Canelo will do whatever he likes, when he likes to this guy.
                      Wow your dislike for Kirkland is evident..... If you've seen his fight with Brian Vera you would know he has plenty skills and is a level above an Andy Lee.... If he doesn't just try to KO Canelo I Can see him doing damage.... Also Canelo will fight GGG when he's ready.... Really what's the point of Boxing if guys like Canelo are being called for ducking.... Canelo should win though

Comment

Working...
                      X