No announcement yet.

wrist pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrist pain

Does ne1 know something that would make it heal better? My left wrist is killing me everytime I land a punch on the bag. Im using handwraps and and it still hurts.

You could of done a numerous of things. Pulled a muscle, ligament, bruised cartilege, small tiny fractures.

Try icing it, and laying off the heavy bag. Work your cardio instead untill your wrist is better. Try using hand grips and exercises to strenghten your wrist untill you are able to land a punch without pain. If you continue to use that hand while it hurts, it will take much longer to heal.

Comment

You are probably hitting the bag wrong. Do not try to hit it as hard as you can until you know what you are doing. I never try to KILL the bag anyways, just relax and let the weight of your fist do the damage instead of trying to arm punch it. Work on speed not power, because as a new guy you have very little of both. Have a boxing trainer show you how to wrap your hands and DO NOT hit the heavy bag while your wrist is injured, let it heal up.

Comment

make sure you have strict technique too.

Comment

Along with what everyone has said here, exercising the muscles in your forearms is invaluable to improving the strength in your wrist. I think a wrist roller works nicely.

Comment

You're definitely hitting it wrong. If you're throwing a hook, your forearm and upper arm should make a right angle just before you connect with the bag.

Also you're arm should be level in height with your shoulder, this ensures the muscles in your wrist dont buckle with the force of the punch. If you come in at at the wrong angle you will feel pain.

Does your trainer not show you this?

Comment

Working...
            X