Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo: People Don't Show Me, My Brother Proper Respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    NEW YORK Jermell Charlo is sick of the disrespect directed toward him and his twin brother, Jermall, by fellow fighters, fans, writers and many others within the boxing world. The 26-year-old Charlos became the first pair of twins to simultaneously own world titles in the same weight class when Jermell Charlo knocked out John Jackson in his last fight to win the then-vacant WBC world super welterweight championship. Jermall Charlo is undefeated, too, but gave up the IBF junior middleweight title following his fifth-round knockout of Julian Williams on December 10 to move up from 154 pounds to the middleweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Talented brothers, but it's hard to get respect or even become known when you are only fighting twice a year, and usually against cans. They guys should be fighting four times a year, they are young and strong. The Haymon model of having guys fight infrequently puzzles me.

Comment

Getting real sick and tired of this 'nobody cares about me' whining fighters are doing.

Found it ironic this dude is also whining about promoters passing them by despite them being with Haymon. Really?

Comment

His brother is impressive... Jermell is not.

About the only impressive Jermell Charlo fight I've seen was the fight against Rosado. He got dropped by Charles Bellamy, that fight was a stinker. His fight with Lozano was a stinker. IMO he lost to Vanes in a close fight and he was getting embarrassed by John Jackson until he got the knockout late in the fight.

Comment

They probably got sold the idea because they are twins they will be house hold names.

They have to earn that respect in the ring with name fighters.

Comment

The average casual fan doesn't know who the hell u or your brother are. If you're not marketable, then the networks will be reluctant to spend money to showcase your fights out of fear of low ratings.

Boxing is also on a downward spiral. Not much interest here in the states anymore. The U.K. And even Canada are hot spots for boxing right now.

Comment

Jermall is certainly the more skilled of the two brothers. I find him to be very underrated much like Demetrius Andrade but until he gets those high profile fights, they're going to feel unappreciated. It's the nature of the beast.

Comment

I'm tired of these fighters moaning all the damn time. Get big fights, unify, don't ***** and moan when you refuse to fight gym buddies and other champs. Gtfoh with this self entitled bs.

Comment

it sucks but they need to find a way to get the big fights and make the most of their tv time

Comment

what respect you want? lmfao most acknowledge taht you and your bros are good but neither of you have achieved that much yet, in time you get all that you want lil grass hopper in time.

Comment

I thought he and his brother were okay with following the script, fight nobodies to build themselves up. Why is he complaining now? Don't really know the point. Might be acceptable if they fight more often even against nobodies. It's too much to take when they're doing the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                      X