No announcement yet.

Im going to spar lightweight irish champion tommorow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im going to spar lightweight irish champion tommorow

This guy is a former irish amateur boxing champion and said he wanted to spar me for fun, the truth is but I sorry for the guy. I admit Ive never boxed before but im 30 pounds heavier than than him.
    Hes so small I honestly dont think he could last 2 minutes with me, the weight from my punching power alone would pretty much destroy any lightweight.
    Im hard at 28.5 bodyfat while this guy is an skinny twerp in comparison, thank god for weightclasses in boxing! lol

Should i call it off? I really dont want to hurt this guy.
    Skill is pretty much irrelevant when you got a disadvantage of 30lbs

you ever boxed before? because most people know that if he was an irish champ then you'd prob not even land a punch on him (unless you're good yourself), and even if you did, 30 pounds isn't THAT big a difference for KO power unless he has an amir khan chin. you're making it sound like hes gonna toe to toe you.

so often I hear of these 250lb blokes trying to spar blokes at 120lbs only to get battered as the 250lb blokes got no skill and can't land a punch, and even if they did, its not that hard a punch.

Comment

Make sure you come back and tell us you're still alive, when you get out of the hospital...

Comment

Originally posted by The_One77 View Post
        This guy is a former irish amateur boxing champion and said he wanted to spar me for fun, the truth is but I sorry for the guy. I admit Ive never boxed before but im 30 pounds heavier than than him.
        Hes so small I honestly dont think he could last 2 minutes with me, the weight from my punching power alone would pretty much destroy any lightweight.
        Im hard at 28.5 bodyfat while this guy is an skinny twerp in comparison, thank god for weightclasses in boxing! lol

180lbs Dempsey vs 245lbs Willard

65lbs difference

Comment

if youv'e never boxed before then its likely hes going to hurt you not the other way around

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post

180lbs Dempsey vs 245lbs Willard

65lbs difference
            the was the old days dude, they couldnt box in those days

Comment

the was the old days dude, they couldnt box in those days
              But the difference is this Irish guy has boxed.

Simon 55lbs heavier than Louis
              Last edited by Southpaw Stinger; 11-23-2008, 04:19 PM.

Comment

umm mate a 30 pound weight advantage means jack all when you fight a guy who is a national champ and you have never boxed and considering the strength and quality of am boxers in the UK id say its very possible hes has had 100 fights

but you're an alt anyway im guessing

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
                  umm mate a 30 pound weight advantage means jack all when you fight a guy who is a national champ and you have never boxed and considering the strength and quality of am boxers in the UK id say its very possible hes has had 100 fights

but you're an alt anyway im guessing
                  I damn well hope so!

Comment

Working...
                  X