Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Provodnikov have gotten the decision against Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very close fight but no, even Provodnikov said he lost. He gave up too many rounds in the middle of the fight where he was out boxed and didnt throw enough, I had Bradley by a round when I watched it two weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      It was close, but I believe he nicked it. That knockdown in Round 1 was ruled a slip and could've made a lot of difference. Even a Draw, but unfortunately Bradley doing the Standy Leg wasn't enough to be called a knockdown.

Provodnikov is a beast who only has one true loss on his record and I'm not talking Herrera. I think he won't leave it to the judges this time. Good thing Mattysse also comes to engage. I definitely think Provo got this.

However, what do you think? Should Provo had gotten it?
      No. He lost too many rounds to win a decision and at one point Roach threatened to stop the fight. But some people conveniently forget that. In addition to that Provodnikov himself felt he didn't deserve the decision.

Comment

IMO TB got stopped in round 1....just like Cintron got stopped by Maravilla...those are MY OPINIONS!!!

but since those fights were allowed to continue due to bad reffing, I have to ACCEPT the OFFICIAL outcomes....but I don't necessarily have to AGREE with them

after the first round boo boo by the ref...I saw TB get hurt throughout but was able to BOX and win the majority of the rounds from round 2-12....Bradley edged it by a whisker...LITERALLY....but in my book he got stopped in the first round and won the rematch...the punishment he took is equivalent to two fights so I'm waiting for the trilogy in my book

Cintron lost to Maravilla twice in one night and TB went 1-1(in my book)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel;15535411[B
          ]IMO TB got stopped in round 1....just like Cintron got stopped by Maravilla...those[/B] are MY OPINIONS!!!

but since those fights were allowed to continue due to bad reffing, I have to ACCEPT the OFFICIAL outcomes....but I don't necessarily have to AGREE with them

after the first round boo boo by the ref...I saw TB get hurt throughout but was able to BOX and win the majority of the rounds from round 2-12....Bradley edged it by a whisker...LITERALLY....but in my book he got stopped in the first round and won the rematch...the punishment he took is equivalent to two fights so I'm waiting for the trilogy in my book

Cintron lost to Maravilla twice in one night and TB went 1-1(in my book)
          How did Bradley get stopped in round one? He went down but got up. Cintron want down, didn't beat the count, and falsely claimed a headbutt. Not even remotely the same.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            How did Bradley get stopped in round one? He went down but got up. Cintron want down, didn't beat the count, and falsely claimed a headbutt. Not even remotely the same.
            Bradley got dropped...got up and stumbled all over the place like Zab against Kosta...c'mon bro, the ref made a bad call...so yeah it reminds me of the Cintron-Maravilla fight...both fights were allowed to continue due to bad reffing

Comment

The only controversial was the refs call in round 1. Should've been a KD but scoring the fight as it unfolded, I had Bradley doing just enough to squeak the win. It was a great fight and both men showed a lot of heart to fight back from losing situations. Bradley from getting his brains scrambled in the first round, and Ruslan hanging in to give the crowd a Rocky I finish. Kudos.

*Ain't gon be no rematch*

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
                I think thee real question is who would you have rather been at the end of the night?
                I dunno why people say idiotic things like this. Serves me right for reading NSB I guess.

When people talk about this fight, they talk about - and remember - the action rounds where only Bradley's heart kept him upright.

They tend to remember less well the rounds where Bradley was boxing on the move, making Prokofiev look like a dumb ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                  Bradley got dropped...got up and stumbled all over the place like Zab against Kosta...c'mon bro, the ref made a bad call...so yeah it reminds me of the Cintron-Maravilla fight...both fights were allowed to continue due to bad reffing
                  The only bad call was not calling it a knockdown. How does that equate to getting stopped? It doesn't. If anything he gave Bradley less time to recover by not giving him a count.

Comment

I thought Bradley edged it.. Really close fight, could have been a draw or Ruslan win.. I just felt Bradley piled up more rounds especially in the middle stretch of the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X