No announcement yet.

In all seriousness, this Fury/Wilder fight has backfired pretty badly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
    I don't think any real boxing fan wants this fight to do badly. If it does badly it likely kills the chance of Joshua/Wilder ever happening because Wilder seems a bit delusional and won't give up his WBC belt for anything other than a massively stupid payday he doesn't really deserve.

Some will want it to do bad in the hope Wilder realises he will never be a draw and should take whatever Hearn offers so the fight gets made. But in reality I can't see Wilder doing that. He likes being champion and isn't going to give that up unless he gets paid very well and gets to live like a champion and a big deal for the rest of his life from the payday for this one fight.

If it does 300K I think that's a decent number, not great but shows Wilder can generate over $20 mill from the US market, that alone should get him 30-35%. If it does less than 200K that's only $13 mill which is less than he was offered from the first deal. If it's less than that I think it's a flop in regards to the PPV.
    Solid post

I disagree though with Wilder just wanting a payday , I mean this year he’s gone after Ortiz ( could have taken easier fights for the same $) and Fury and was willing to cross the pond to fight AJ for a flat fee that almost no one in his position would have accepted

If Parker is worth a % so is Wilder , I believe what 33-36% in that range is what Parker got , Wilders deserves higher even if Wilder/Fury flops as far as US PPV , I’m not saying 50/50 but the revenue generated from a AJ /Wilder fight will surely eclipse anAJ/Parker fight

But I don’t even think Hearn wants the fight for the foreseeable future

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      First off the most important thing is that the fight is made , that 2/3 of the HWs that have a legit claim to be their eras Best when it’s all said and done are willing to fight each other and to see who the #1 HW is , whether it’s a success at the box office or PPV should be secondary. Sure if it faiLs AJ / Hearn will keep or increase their leverage they have if they want to fight the winner but it’s just good to see the best fighting the best

It’s just weird AJ /UK loyalists who claim to be boxing fans wanting this fight to do poorly

Boxing is a niche sport in the States and even when 2 elite Fighters face off ( Ward /Kov ) it’s far from a guarantee that it’ll do well as far as the gate and PPV sales . Most so called boxing fans don’t support the sport never mind the casuals .Americans want the circus not to see who the best is I mean Kov /Ward did 160k PPV and May /McGregor did 4 mil

I think it’s too early to tell if thisnfight will be a success financially but always guessed it’d do 175- 300 PPV while decent it’s not Earth shattering
      You said 300k was a conservative guess and it would be on par with Joshua-Klitschko, now you've changed to 175-300.

Let’s say it does 300k in the UK and 300k in the States both conservative estimates it basically on par with revenue grossed from the AJ /Klit fight

It probably generates more $ at the gate in Vegas then what Klit / AJ did even with having 1/4 of the seats

it is the biggest financial HW fight right now and will generate more $ then AJ /Povetkin or AJ/Whyte

So yeah this is the biggest HW fight going and it won’t include Hearn

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
        They made this fight to try and increase Wilders percieved value in an AJ fight by fighting the guy they figured would sell the most tickets and PPV's outside of AJ himself

But two weeks to go and they have only opened half the arena and are going to be giving away tickets?

IT's embarrasing man, and I know wilder fanboys are going to come in making excuses and talking trash, but it is what it is. It's backfired and left egg on wilders face.

They need to hope the PPV does ok because if it's a half full arena with poor ppv numbers they are gonna be a laughing stock, and it's not like they can go up from here.
        I don't think this fight has anything to do with getting Wilder a 50/50 split with AJ.

The bum squad just want to grab that "coveted lineal heavyweight title" off Fury before he gets his feet back under him again.

If Wilder wins he and his team will be happy milking the WBC and lineal titles against scrubs on Fox or Showtime for the rest of Wilder's career, while talking non stop **** about being ducked by AJ.
        Last edited by kafkod; 11-17-2018, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
          I remember some of them saying it was going to sell out the T-Mobile in vegas and all the high rollers would be flying in on their private jets.

Now that all backfired it's "oh your not a real fan if you want it to fail"

I don't even "want it to fail" but it is pretty funny how badly showed up they were
          Yeah, thats always been their self defense mechanism when people point out how stupid they are.

Comment

Solid post

I disagree though with Wilder just wanting a payday , I mean this year he’s gone after Ortiz ( could have taken easier fights for the same $) and Fury and was willing to cross the pond to fight AJ for a flat fee that almost no one in his position would have accepted

If Parker is worth a % so is Wilder , I believe what 33-36% in that range is what Parker got , Wilders deserves higher even if Wilder/Fury flops as far as US PPV , I’m not saying 50/50 but the revenue generated from a AJ /Wilder fight will surely eclipse anAJ/Parker fight

But I don’t even think Hearn wants the fight for the foreseeable future
            Finkel is now denying that they ever accepted the flat fee offer.

You need to keep up with the story your team are spinning ... it changes every week!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              You said 300k was a conservative guess and it would be on par with Joshua-Klitschko, now you've changed to 175-300.
              Ahh Robbie Parrott , digging up old posts , such a sad human being

I said revenue generated from PPV

If AJ /Klit did in the ballpark of 1.5 m @ 20UKP that’s what around 38 million US ( quick math could be wrong )

300k uk @ 20 UKP = 8 million
              300k US @ 65 = 20 million
              Total =28

Not quite AJ /Klit But in the same ballpark

I think most People expect the fight to surpass 300k in the UK

The States can go either way if Ward /Kov , GGg / Jacobs Do in the 150-170k range , Its possible that the fight does in that # range , I’m thinking 250-300 which is a conservative guess .

I’m not saying it does 500k or a million . 300k is a conservative, right in the middle of 175 -500k which I think is possible, can it do more ,yeah maybe I wouldn’t bet on it , can it do less , yeah that’s a possibility

Comment

It probably generates more $ at the gate in Vegas then what Klit / AJ did even with having 1/4 of the seats

Hey, Wilder fanboys .. I want to introduce y'all to something .. its name is reality.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Finkel is now denying that they ever accepted the flat fee offer.

You need to keep up with the story your team are spinning ... it changes every week!
                  I wasn’t aware of that statement I could be wrong

If anyone needs to keep up with the constant lies and BS one side is spinning it’s anyone believing what Hearn has said publicly for the last 6 months when it comes to a AJ/Wilder fight

Can’t even keep up with all his BS and lies he spews and the sad part is Hearns disciples just repeat them as facts

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

Hey, Wilder fanboys .. I want to introduce y'all to something .. its name is reality.
                    We’ll see what the gate is but they priced the event aggressively enough at Staples that if it sells out it would be comparable to the gate AJ/Klit did

Comment

Ahh Robbie Parrott , digging up old posts , such a sad human being

I said revenue generated from PPV

If AJ /Klit did in the ballpark of 1.5 m @ 20UKP that’s what around 38 million US ( quick math could be wrong )

300k uk @ 20 UKP = 8 million
                      300k US @ 65 = 20 million
                      Total =28

Not quite AJ /Klit But in the same ballpark

I think most People expect the fight to surpass 300k in the UK

The States can go either way if Ward /Kov , GGg / Jacobs Do in the 150-170k range , Its possible that the fight does in that # range , I’m thinking 250-300 which is a conservative guess .

I’m not saying it does 500k or a million . 300k is a conservative, right in the middle of 175 -500k which I think is possible, can it do more ,yeah maybe I wouldn’t bet on it , can it do less , yeah that’s a possibility
                      What is sad is lying about what you predicted. You said 300k US was conservative, now you're predicting 175k-300k. Just admit you overestimated the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X