Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Canelo, Golovkin Agree To Third Fight After Interim Bouts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    Do you really believe that somehow, Golovkin has declined that much and Canelo has inclined that much? I don't expect much of a different fight than we have already seen from these two.
    imo yes.. canelo picked the right time for a 3rd fight. like i said, canelo played his cards right... ggg was suppose to be his boogeyman, ggg is who canelo would have to beat in order to be consider as the best. the first 2 fight was close but in this 3rd match, canelo will stop ggg or beat him convincingly, and then canelo will be crown as the best right now.

canelo took a page out of floyd's book... pacman was his boogeyman and is the guy that floyd was suppose to duck forever, but look how floyd played his cards... waited until there's clear sign that pac aint the same anymore, then floyd takes on the fight and then beat him so now people cant say he's ducking manny anymore. canelo is going down the same road here. after he beat ggg, the ggg fans will not be able to say shiiet anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
      imo yes.. canelo picked the right time for a 3rd fight. like i said, canelo played his cards right... ggg was suppose to be his boogeyman, ggg is who canelo would have to beat in order to be consider as the best. the first 2 fight was close but in this 3rd match, canelo will stop ggg or beat him convincingly, and then canelo will be crown as the best right now.

canelo took a page out of floyd's book... pacman was his boogeyman and is the guy that floyd was suppose to duck forever, but look how floyd played his cards... waited until there's clear sign that pac aint the same anymore, then floyd takes on the fight and then beat him so now people cant say he's ducking manny anymore. canelo is going down the same road here. after he beat ggg, the ggg fans will not be able to say shiiet anymore.
      Comparing the Floyd vs Pacquiao fight to Canelo vs Golovkin is just wrong. While it's true both Canelo and Floyd waited for their respective biggest threats to age past prime, there's a key difference. The two fights between Canelo and GGG were both exciting and highly competitive, while the Mayweather vs Pacman match was utter trash and one of the biggest disappointments in the sport.

And for Canelo to be able to stop Golovkin, who has never been down or even staggered, would be simply incredible. I don't think he can do it.
      Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 03-18-2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
        Comparing the Floyd vs Pacquiao fight to Canelo vs Golovkin is just wrong. While it's true both Canelo and Floyd waited for their respective biggest threats to age past prime, there's a key difference. The two fights between Canelo and GGG were both exciting and highly competitive, while the Mayweather vs Pacman match was utter trash and one of the biggest disappointments in the sport.

And for Canelo to be able to stop Golovkin, who has never been down or even staggered, would be simply incredible. I don't think he can do it.
        im not comparing the fights.. im comparing the timing.

the canelo/ggg fight being more exciting and competitive have nothing to do with what i am trying to say here.

im saying canelo picked the right time for a 3rd fight. ggg was suppose to be the guy who canelo cant beat, no matter who canelo fights and beat, ggg's name will always get brought up as the guy canelo can not beat (just like what happened with floyd regarding manny).

so canelo waited until ggg show signs of declining to take on the 3rd fight, and after canelo beat ggg convincingly this time, the ggg fans will not be able to say anything anymore.

and have you seen ggg's last few fights? he has not been looking like the old ggg. where as for canelo, he's improving each fights and his performance shows that! just because a fighter has never been down doesnt mean it cant and wont happen. with all those punches ggg been taking, it will crack sooner or later. and imo, i see canelo stopping ggg with a body shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
          Oh yea that mando excuse fucckk outta here stop defending that lame pos.

Fuxkkk him and his fake ass boxing fans who no ****t about the sport dude is a disgrace to boxing.
          Has it ever occurred to you when you aren't stoned or off your meds that you are an idiot???

Comment

• golovkin has to stun canelo somehow and probably early too, canelo just looks really solid chin wise, great fight tho, will be exciting im sure, these guys do not like each other either after the mexican meat stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
              Another article with pro GGG bias as usual. It gives the impression that GGG wanted the third fight ASAP when he spent 9 full months being inactive after the third fight and when he returned in June it was against a cherrypicked Rolls as he was looking to rebuild his confidence and rework his style with his new trainer. Also it suggests that Canelo fought Jacobs specifically instead of GGG when that fight had been announced in January when GGG was still deep in hiding and months before his deal with DAZN was announced. Canelo has said he had nothing more to prove in a third fight, and understandably so after bending over backwards to get their second fight done including backing up the Brinks truck to convince GGG to sign, letting him have a hand in picking the judges, and ultimately beating at his own game-- but he added he'd willing to fight him again for the right price. It should also be noted that preliminary discussions for the third fight had reportedly hit a roadblock because GGG was adamant about dictating the location (he had been vocal about wanting a location change) even though he had no leverage coming off a loss and with no belt. Edit: Ring reports that the location discussed is Dallas which suggests that GGG had indeed made location a sticking point. Canelo went on to jump up two divisions to face Kovalev while GGG faced Chenko coming off a loss to Jacobs and said a fight with Canelo was no longer a priority for him.

At any rate, if Canelo were to defeat Saunders, GGG, and possibly Murata in Japan, he'd no doubt be a front runner for fighter of the year once again. But first things first, he definitely shouldn't overlook Saunders.
              Damn.

In some states they arent citing people who commit misdemeanors but your shit is murder and that's a felony.

You might wanna lay low for a bit bro

stealthradon
              TonyGe
              @boxing_1013
              @_maxi
              Mindgames
              Motorcity Cobra
              @KTFOKING
              @headshots
              @jab jab boom
              @ggg gloveking
              The Big Dunn

What's up bitches?

Comment

• GGG, I love him. But he has declined significantly. He is fighting nobodys and Derev (who is on the level) boxed his ears off.

GGG can't won this. He is going for cash. Canelo is going for the stoppage and the legacy.

Canelo's fight against Kovalev, I believe was fixed. Nevertheless Canelo's progressing and in his physical peak. And he is fighting elite opposition.

I'll go for GGG knowing he's going to go out on his shield. GGG's hardest fight will come against himself and father time...

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                  im not comparing the fights.. im comparing the timing.

the canelo/ggg fight being more exciting and competitive have nothing to do with what i am trying to say here.

im saying canelo picked the right time for a 3rd fight. ggg was suppose to be the guy who canelo cant beat, no matter who canelo fights and beat, ggg's name will always get brought up as the guy canelo can not beat (just like what happened with floyd regarding manny).

so canelo waited until ggg show signs of declining to take on the 3rd fight, and after canelo beat ggg convincingly this time, the ggg fans will not be able to say anything anymore.

and have you seen ggg's last few fights? he has not been looking like the old ggg. where as for canelo, he's improving each fights and his performance shows that! just because a fighter has never been down doesnt mean it cant and wont happen. with all those punches ggg been taking, it will crack sooner or later. and imo, i see canelo stopping ggg with a body shot.
                  Guess we'll just have to wait & see. You say that if Canelo beats Golovkin convincingly this time, fans won't be able to say anything. Why? The fact will always remain that Canelo avoided a prime Golovkin like the plague. Beating an old, worn, former boogey man is nothing to brag about. In fact, it's down right shameful to do that and then call oneself the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Songbird View Post
                    golovkin has to stun canelo somehow and probably early too, canelo just looks really solid chin wise, great fight tho, will be exciting im sure, these guys do not like each other either after the mexican meat stuff
                    My thoughts exactly. He gets about 90 seconds to feel his way in, after that he just needs to be pedal to the metal for as many rounds as he can go. If it gets past 6 he is in trouble.

Canelo has solid whiskers, but nobody is impervious to a perfectly landed liver shot. May be G's best shot.

Comment

• Golovkin needs to crack his ass early I agree.

I think Canelo takes this one though.

I'll be rooting for Golovkin

Comment

Working...
                      X