Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-14-2019, 07:33 PM #51
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1388 Post(s)
robbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,202.66
Total Points: 22,305.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.razor View Post
If the wbc told Punk G to fight Mall to get an immediate rematch with Nelo then WHY did he NOT do it? Cuz they KNOW he can't beat Mall. Its not hard to figure out. korobov got beat up by Mall, just cuz korobov did good the 1st 4 rounds then got beat to the punch there on out plus got hurt in the 12th running for dear life doesn't mean korobov won....LMMFAO!
The same reason Canelo dropped the belt instead of fighting GGG for the WBC title the first time it was mandated. These fighters won't have their careers dictated by corrupt sanctioning bodies. I'm not against the Charlo brothers dude I just want to see something.
robbyheartbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-15-2019, 01:30 PM #52
Interim Champion

Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Fire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,138.46
Total Points: 12,470.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
First of all, I agree with you about letting fights play out and see what happens. I like that, it means you are a fan of boxing first and individual fighters second, which is a good thing in my eyes.

I don't get the point you're trying to make about Lara and Jermall. You seem to be implying that sparring with Lara is detrimental to Mall in terms of fighting similar styled fighters.

That, to me, doesn't make sense at all. If you sparring the slickest southpaw fighter ever day or every other day, then you should be a slick southpaw killer in the ring. It doesn't make sense for me to say that actually should be having the opporite effect.

You get a chance to study the style and find weaknesses in it every day, but somehow that makes you worse off?

Please clarify this to me.
No problem let me explain in the simplest terms I can...

Lara doesnít respond well to pressure and in that way isnít as crafty or slick under pressure as maybe a Floyd, Toney or Crawford.

As such he doesnít respond to pressure fighters well. When the walls are closing in on him he doesnít do as well. He begins to panic and will either back pedal or trade to keep them off him.

Letís forget the fake losses, the fighters he struggled most with werenít the top boxers. They are Angulo, Hurd and now Casteno. Canelo was very competitive but I saw that as a clear win for Lara and until Canelo turned to pressure a comfortable fight. In closing, walk you down pressure fighters were even more effective than those that tried to box with him.

That being said, it makes sense that sparring with Lara, you are more likely to imitate the style that he has the most uncomfort with to have success. That could be encouraging the come forward pressure fighter style we see in Jermall. He seemed a lot more slick versed Williams than Korobov.

One more thing Korobov to his own success didnít have a complete bag of tricks. However he had one of the best tricky unorthodox counters I have seen. It gave Jermall problems. And almost reminded me of the one Jermall caught J Rock with.

Jermall doesnít seem like the fighter that learns as well in the moment. For example in the first Maidana fight, Floyd had a similar issue. However he adjusted and by mid-fight that overhand was landing less and less. Jermall caught on albeit later in the fight.
Fire4231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:00 PM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2103 Post(s)
Sledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond reputeSledgeweather17 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,251.44
Total Points: 22,600.43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire4231 View Post
No problem let me explain in the simplest terms I can...

Lara doesnít respond well to pressure and in that way isnít as crafty or slick under pressure as maybe a Floyd, Toney or Crawford.

As such he doesnít respond to pressure fighters well. When the walls are closing in on him he doesnít do as well. He begins to panic and will either back pedal or trade to keep them off him.

Letís forget the fake losses, the fighters he struggled most with werenít the top boxers. They are Angulo, Hurd and now Casteno. Canelo was very competitive but I saw that as a clear win for Lara and until Canelo turned to pressure a comfortable fight. In closing, walk you down pressure fighters were even more effective than those that tried to box with him.

That being said, it makes sense that sparring with Lara, you are more likely to imitate the style that he has the most uncomfort with to have success. That could be encouraging the come forward pressure fighter style we see in Jermall. He seemed a lot more slick versed Williams than Korobov.

One more thing Korobov to his own success didnít have a complete bag of tricks. However he had one of the best tricky unorthodox counters I have seen. It gave Jermall problems. And almost reminded me of the one Jermall caught J Rock with.

Jermall doesnít seem like the fighter that learns as well in the moment. For example in the first Maidana fight, Floyd had a similar issue. However he adjusted and by mid-fight that overhand was landing less and less. Jermall caught on albeit later in the fight.
To me, it seems like you're just throwing around a bunch of excuses for this guy, especially considering that said opponent who gave him so much trouble just drew with Aleem for Pete's sake.

To each his own I guess.

Time reveals all truths. I still think it's either Mall has low boxing iQ, or he has a shieeet corner.

Personally I don't see anything special about Ronnie Shields either. He doesn't teach his fighters infighting or cutting off the ring. His fighters are one two fighters. Jab jab power shot, jab power shot. Power shot jab.

It's 1-2s and 2-1s.

But given that his bro has also stagnated with Darren James, I think these guys just aint improving, and that's due to low IQ.

Of course it could just be arrogance. Maybe they got too high on their power and athletic abilities and neglected the fundamentals of the game at some point.

Either way, they seem headed towards talent wasted.

But we will see. We obviously disagree on this topic so no need to beat on a dead horse anymore.

But time reveals all truths. Time, and only time will reveal who is right between us. Let's see how the Harrison/Jermell rematch goes and take it from there.
Sledgeweather17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:15 PM #54
Contender

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
WarGatti is a splendid one to beholdWarGatti is a splendid one to beholdWarGatti is a splendid one to beholdWarGatti is a splendid one to beholdWarGatti is a splendid one to beholdWarGatti is a splendid one to beholdWarGatti is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,940.12

Charlos dressed like he's harrisons son and is out with dad for the day.
WarGatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:03 AM #55
Interim Champion

Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Fire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond reputeFire4231 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,138.46
Total Points: 12,470.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
To me, it seems like you're just throwing around a bunch of excuses for this guy, especially considering that said opponent who gave him so much trouble just drew with Aleem for Pete's sake.

To each his own I guess.

Time reveals all truths. I still think it's either Mall has low boxing iQ, or he has a shieeet corner.

Personally I don't see anything special about Ronnie Shields either. He doesn't teach his fighters infighting or cutting off the ring. His fighters are one two fighters. Jab jab power shot, jab power shot. Power shot jab.

It's 1-2s and 2-1s.

But given that his bro has also stagnated with Darren James, I think these guys just aint improving, and that's due to low IQ.

Of course it could just be arrogance. Maybe they got too high on their power and athletic abilities and neglected the fundamentals of the game at some point.

Either way, they seem headed towards talent wasted.

But we will see. We obviously disagree on this topic so no need to beat on a dead horse anymore.

But time reveals all truths. Time, and only time will reveal who is right between us. Let's see how the Harrison/Jermell rematch goes and take it from there.
Lol... Not sure how citing a possibility is an excuse? Am I in the position of know or accountability? And bro why is there a need to excuse a record that is currently with out a loss?

Look bro... We arent talking about staplers. We are talking about people who can have good or bad days. Fighters who can be distracted and depressed. Their are a trillion variables.

For me itís hard to say someone doesnít have something when it has already been demonstrated before just not consistently. Jermall looked very much able to adjust in the Julian Williams fight. It took J-Rock beating Hurd for the eyeball test to reveal what we already know.

J Rock is and has been highly skilled and many thought Jermall would be overmatched. How do you explain that with certainty of Jermalls Low IQ? If anything itís at least average IQ because he caught on early to what J Rock was doing.

As far as what we think of his corner, we werenít discussing that. I agree he could probably learn more from a top trainer. If Floyd listened to a mediocre trainer instead of trusting his IQ his career wouldnít be anywhere near as stellar.

I am good bro, itís been real. Let me reiterate, condemning a young fighter on the rise based on perceived limitations is more likely to expose you than Jermall Charlo. For example: When Canelo lost to Mayweather I told the world the eyeball test doesnít lie. Canelo was not exposed he just ran into one of the best who ever did it. Now all these same fairweather fans who said Canelo was garbage are calling for Canelo to be P4P #1. Canelo went from low IQ to just green after Floyd washed him...

There is room to learn from each other in this sport. Thatís what fans are missing. To be honest, itís more common that our fans exhibit low boxing IQ and the inability to adjust than the fighters.

Either way, conjecture is nothing with out a strong conclusion. Letís just see the Fíing fights!!!
Fire4231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:06 PM #56
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 7282 Post(s)
j.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,184.80
Total Points: 114,506.27
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder loma's D, hating boy - Ogecca MaMa take 1 for the team - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
The same reason Canelo dropped the belt instead of fighting GGG for the WBC title the first time it was mandated. These fighters won't have their careers dictated by corrupt sanctioning bodies. I'm not against the Charlo brothers dude I just want to see something.
Then ask for Jermall vs golovkin on all of your social media.
j.razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:37 AM #57
Contender

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
CaptainWalrus is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,514.29

Yes sir! They are hard to like.
CaptainWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:51 AM #58
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Mr.365 has a reputation beyond reputeMr.365 has a reputation beyond reputeMr.365 has a reputation beyond reputeMr.365 has a reputation beyond reputeMr.365 has a reputation beyond reputeMr.365 has a reputation beyond reputeMr.365 has a reputation beyond reputeMr.365 has a reputation beyond reputeMr.365 has a reputation beyond reputeMr.365 has a reputation beyond reputeMr.365 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,104.73
Total Points: 19,443.64

Mell is going to take his anger out on Tony watch
Mr.365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:11 PM #59
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1388 Post(s)
robbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond reputerobbyheartbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,202.66
Total Points: 22,305.79

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.razor View Post
Then ask for Jermall vs golovkin on all of your social media.
dude nobody cares what we think
robbyheartbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:19 AM #60
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 7282 Post(s)
j.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond reputej.razor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,184.80
Total Points: 114,506.27
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder loma's D, hating boy - Ogecca MaMa take 1 for the team - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
dude nobody cares what we think
No they do cuz when you make that buzz they hear cha-ching $.
j.razor is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List