Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight did GGG start doing year round VADA testing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Talk about him, by all means .. but don't tell outright lies. GGG never delayed testing for those fights or for any others. There wouldn't have been any VADA testing at all unless he - as the defending champ - had requested it.
    Ok fair enough. Just checking

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      The testing for GGG/Lemieux started a month out for both men, same as for GGG/Wade, and the starting dates were decided in negotiations between the two camps.

So why say GGG delayed it? Like I keep pointing out, there wouldn't have been any VADA tests at all for those fights if GGG, as champion hadn't requested it, and he is now enrolled with VADA permantly.
      Testing started on Sept 30. Only 18 days of testing. No testing would of been better than that crap because the only thing GGG accomplished was abuse VADA's good rep. Set the precedent that you can call yourself a clean a fighter by choosing to start testing a few weeks before a fight, and the fanboys will eat it up. That's why I'm glad USADA chose to cancel the Quillin-Wright testing. They realized how stupid that short testing window would have been.

https://twitter.com/Vada_Testing/sta...64583690342400

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Testing started on Sept 30. Only 18 days of testing. No testing would of been better than that crap because the only thing GGG accomplished was abuse VADA's good rep. Set the precedent that you can call yourself a clean a fighter by choosing to start testing a few weeks before a fight, and the fanboys will eat it up. That's why I'm glad USADA chose to cancel the Quillin-Wright testing. They realized how stupid that short testing window would have been.

https://twitter.com/Vada_Testing/sta...64583690342400
        According to a statement by Abel, GGG started his VADA tests a month before the fight with Lemieux. One thing for sure ... he didn't start his tests any later than Lemieux did, so it was a level playing field for both of them.

Also, as I said, the starting dates of the tests were agreed on during negotiations between the two camps, so why assume it was GGG's fault they started late? Maybe that was a condition Oscar set for agreeing to the match?

Whatever, there is no evidence at all to back up claims that GGG delayed VADA tests for any of his fights.

Another thing to take into account ... VADA's Clean Boxing Program is free, but fighters have to pay for prefight tests themselves, out of their own purses, and the earlier the tests begin, the more they have to pay out.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          I dont think jacobs is a god but his size and reach make for a hard fight against anyone.
          So we're going to dismiss Canelo's superior counter punching abilities and durability? What will happen if Golovkin starts gassing out by the 5th?

Canelo has plenty going for him. For one, he's fantastic against the ropes. I could see him letting Golovkin swing everything but the kitchen sink at him for the first 5 then starting fresh. Canelo would have a serious speed advantage against Golovkin from this point.

He also has a much wider punch selection then Jacobs and likes to apply continuous pressure. Jacobs kept throwing the same 1,2, - 1,2,3 over and over again and backing off for some reason. What will happen if Canelo applies pressure on a tired Golovkin? Do we know how Golovkin reacts when being pressured?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
            Jacobs has never lost a fight on points or been losing before he was stopped and he had a ko streak against some abled bodied competitors, you can't just attribute Golovkin's poorer showing by comparison to him raising his conpetrpkn level versus Jacobs ? Cmon man, look at the respect and showing he put on versus Lemieux, a thunderous puncher dude took eight rounds to finally put him away, simply because the guy was as big a puncher as himself if not more fearsome in some quarters. Jacobs whilst not as durable is as big a puncher as Lemieux and Golovkin only they haven't saturated their resumes with the guys Golovkin has fought.

Ain't nothing to do with no longer using PED's and lack of stamina, it's about quality of opposition and respecting his opposition.
            I agree getting careless against Lemieux is dangerous. Just look at the Curtis Stevens fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
              shut the fuck up Sergio nut hugger
              Sergio ducked GGG just like almost everyone else in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                Sergio ducked GGG just like almost everyone else in his prime.
                Sergio = Kovalev you jackass

Comment

Working...
                X