Thoughts re DAZN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
    What is the consensus re DAZN? Here are my reactions:
    1. TECHNICAL: Spotty at times. I and a couple friends experienced some buffering, lagginG and stuttering. My ESPN+ and Showtime streams are much more stable. GRADE: B=
    2. ANNOUNCERS: Mora and Mannix are solid. SRL, as usual, is terrible. Master of the obvious, adds nothing. But the worst part was Brian Kenny. He doesn't call any of the action. It's almost like the fight is an afterthought to whatever conversation he is having at the time. It was so bad that it even made me miss Mauro Ranallo. And the two roving reporters AK and somebody are amateurs who belong on a Golden Boy Fight Club stream, not a major heavyweight title fight. GRADE: C-
    3. PRODUCTION: Sky Sports produced the telecast, not DAZN, so the jury is still out. GRADE: INCOMPLETE
    4. PREFIGHT CONTENT/SHOULDER PROGRAMMING: Non-existent. Hardly saw anything featuring AJ or Povetkin, let alone the undercard. But I did see a bunch of stupid cheesy promos about how no one can pronounce DAZN. How about taking that money and spending it on something that features the fighters rather than some corny, unfunny promos? GRADE: F.
    5. MARKETING/BUZZ: The event seemed to have zero buzz here in the U.S. Only the hardest core boxing fans were aware of it, and that was because of AJ, not DAZN. No awareness among casuals or even mid-level boxing fans. Didn't see any marketing or promotion from DAZN. No ads or marketing on ESPN, during college football or NFL. The biggest push seemed to come from AJ's own social media. GRADE: D+

Overall grade: C/C-. Given that the upcoming DAZN schedule has a lot of meaningless, who cares type fights (Jessie Vargas, Miller vs washed up Adamek, second-tier WBSS cruiserweights, etc.), I don't think I'll be sticking around to pay for the subscription - at least not unless DAZN finally sgns some true top-tier American or Hispanic fighters.

Other reactions?
    A couple of times blurry but it cleared up. Ill judge it when they start putting on more shows. Espn+ is fire. It's a wait and see of having DAZN IS worth it.

Comment

What is the consensus re DAZN? Here are my reactions:
      1. TECHNICAL: Spotty at times. I and a couple friends experienced some buffering, lagginG and stuttering. My ESPN+ and Showtime streams are much more stable. GRADE: B=
      2. ANNOUNCERS: Mora and Mannix are solid. SRL, as usual, is terrible. Master of the obvious, adds nothing. But the worst part was Brian Kenny. He doesn't call any of the action. It's almost like the fight is an afterthought to whatever conversation he is having at the time. It was so bad that it even made me miss Mauro Ranallo. And the two roving reporters AK and somebody are amateurs who belong on a Golden Boy Fight Club stream, not a major heavyweight title fight. GRADE: C-
      3. PRODUCTION: Sky Sports produced the telecast, not DAZN, so the jury is still out. GRADE: INCOMPLETE
      4. PREFIGHT CONTENT/SHOULDER PROGRAMMING: Non-existent. Hardly saw anything featuring AJ or Povetkin, let alone the undercard. But I did see a bunch of stupid cheesy promos about how no one can pronounce DAZN. How about taking that money and spending it on something that features the fighters rather than some corny, unfunny promos? GRADE: F.
      5. MARKETING/BUZZ: The event seemed to have zero buzz here in the U.S. Only the hardest core boxing fans were aware of it, and that was because of AJ, not DAZN. No awareness among casuals or even mid-level boxing fans. Didn't see any marketing or promotion from DAZN. No ads or marketing on ESPN, during college football or NFL. The biggest push seemed to come from AJ's own social media. GRADE: D+

Overall grade: C/C-. Given that the upcoming DAZN schedule has a lot of meaningless, who cares type fights (Jessie Vargas, Miller vs washed up Adamek, second-tier WBSS cruiserweights, etc.), I don't think I'll be sticking around to pay for the subscription - at least not unless DAZN finally sgns some true top-tier American or Hispanic fighters.

Other reactions?
      Me and my pops are big SRL fans. I see a lot of peeps today hate on him as a commentator. Why? tho? I thought he's a credible person to speak on the sport obviously.

Comment

Enjoying the free month. On my end, the stream was flawless, great HD quality, great commentary.

The prefight content was alright in my opinion, I don’t need them replaying the same clips we already saw on Youtube over and over, such as HBO last saturday, when they spent replaying clips and repeating the same obvious things, making small talk for almost two hours while everyone was waiting for the main event, and that in a 85 goddamn dollar PPV.

So DAZN left a good first impression for me.

Comment

It played great... But who the fucc is AK & Barak???

Comment

Idk what I'm doing on my end, but it was an unbearable watch for me so I went to an illegal stream early on & that was fine which is sorta hilarious to me, legal stream = piece of sh^t, illegal stream = smooth as a baby's ass. These legal streams need to be taking notes as to what the illegal streams are doing right maybe idk.

Thought it was fine as a production otherwise. I mean I expect some kinks & lol at the Ray "Master of the Obvious" Leonard opinion. I don't disagree much. I don't think he adds much except his name. Mora runs laps around him as a productive member of the commentary team.

And I thought I seen some shoulder programming among the boxing sh^t, but I didn't watch it so it coulda all been mfers mispronouncing DAZN.

Comment

i use dazn from germany. its already established here, but I had some problems during the mainevent. I had to refresh the stream at times, but only on my television.
              I had my smartphone streaming the fight at the same time and it worked with no problems.

Other than that, we have a german set of announcers and those 2 dudes are not really good and knowledgable.
              I read the criticism about SRL. I dont know how he performed tonight, but he was really bad when he worked for PBC.
              Didnt really add anything and always tried to be as politically correct as possible.
              I dont like Malignaggi, but at least he always keeps being honest about the sport, even though he can be pretty annoying and biased at times.
              When SRL talks it always feels like he is keeping in mind of what his employers would want him to say to boast the inhouse fighter.

Comment

But I don’t want to see eddie’s no-name British fighters nor the WBSS Eastern Europeans. DAZN needs some real stars before they get my money...Mikey, Spence, Thurman, Charlos, tank Davis, etc. that’s why I pay for Showtime.
                I actually like Eddie's shows & feel they are the most competitive shows up & down in the sport at the tip top level of promotion. I think Mayweather Promotions are up there to, but they are a step or three down from the tip top of the sport.

But yea I can see your stance with casual fans. Casual fans aren't gonna become subscribers off of UK cards or a bunch of tip top WBSS guys they've never heard of from other countries. DAZN is gonna need a more impressive American/Latino roster of fighters.

Then again maybe DAZN ultimately doesn't need anyone more than the hardcore boxing fans as I've heard many people say idk. So maybe they don't need to impress the casual boxing fans all that much who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                  I had my smartphone streaming the fight at the same time and it worked with no problems.
                  I was thinking about dling the app & trying to watch from my phone, but I really wanted to watch the fights on a bigger screen. Definitely gonna eff with the app before their next show & see if the app is better with the buffering pauses I had trouble with for this card.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                    If liberals are so dumb then how come most Hollywood celebrities and people you see on TV are liberal? Check mate idiot.

OP is clearly saying the reason he won't buy something is because there are not enough people from certain regions. That is bigotry (or 'bigger tree' for you dumb Drumpf supporters).
                    Being a celebrity and/or people on tv doesn't automatically qualify you as smart, dumbass. Check mate .

OP was pretty much saying DAZN doesn't have any decent fights they can make from their stable. Eddie Hearn was supposedly gonna sign some stars from America but hasn't yet. OP would pay for app if Eddie actually signed some top American or Hispanic fighters like he said he would. Bigotry doe

Comment

I am from uk so obviously didn’t see most of it on DAZN. I have watched some clips of Ak and some other dude though and quite like their laid back approach. There style and hats I thought was quite quirky! Really making sure they didn’t look like brits! 🤣

Comment

Working...
                      X