Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learned from this...hope you do too.

Not bad, not bad.

Comment

A good reminder to learn the right away than the most common ways. I tend to see a lot of guys do chest exercises wrong (cringe worthy), compensating form for extra weight. I think this is honestly why women tend to have better form because they're not trying to go Incredible Hulk with the weights.

Comment

Originally posted by cv808 View Post
        A good reminder to learn the right away than the most common ways. I tend to see a lot of guys do chest exercises wrong (cringe worthy), compensating form for extra weight. I think this is honestly why women tend to have better form because they're not trying to go Incredible Hulk with the weights.
        Like bouncing the bar off their chest

Comment

I think it's not bad program but it's a default exercises for sportsman

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Like bouncing the bar off their chest
            LOL, or they lean all the way back...

Comment

LOL, or they lean all the way back...
              Or the half way press.

Comment

Something that's interesting to me is the amount of time I see some folks spend doing strictly weightlifting. Something I agreed with was something an old state trooper said to me; "I work out in a way that could save my life." Even though he was sitting on the leg curl machine, I thought he had a damn good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior Scholar View Post
                  Something that's interesting to me is the amount of time I see some folks spend doing strictly weightlifting. Something I agreed with was something an old state trooper said to me; "I work out in a way that could save my life." Even though he was sitting on the leg curl machine, I thought he had a damn good point.
                  Similarly enough, I had someone tell me something close to that, he told me, "Train how your body is built." That kind of resonated with me because I was so busy trying to replicate everyone else's training that I never stopped to think that maybe that's not exactly necessarily how I should be training my own body. Everyone is built differently, different frames, different bodies, different strengths and weaknesses, etc. Penny for your thoughts.

Comment

I like bench presses for boxing but heres what you do : get your knees in the air while you're laying flat on the bench and use a light weight, where you can do 10 easily. what you want is explosiveness. do some explosive full range sets here, bear in mind any reps past 6 is not working power.

get over to the hammer machine and put a bench off center, here you can rocket your single arm benches as hard as you can, it should go all the way to the top rubber stopper, these helped my straight power punches

but ultimately what helps is throwing a ton of them all the time.
                    without the obsession, there will be less progression.

i wouldnt do bench too often, maybe once a week, or once every two weeks. you should be wrecked from medicine ball work more than stuff like this. medicine ball slams help turn your body into a whip.

Comment

Working...
                    X