NSB Pick 'em #11 - Shawn Porter vs Andre Berto, April 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
    I had porter 5-8 by ko do i win any points ? Thanks
    You get points for the result and extra for getting the method right but don't get the bonus for calling the specifics.

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    How scores/rankings will be updated
    After each fight, your score for that fight will be calculated as follows:

Correct Fighter = 20 pts
    Correct Method = 5 pts
    Correct Detail = 5 pts

Wrong Fighter = 0 pts

Draw = 0 pts for all. If you correctly pick a draw, you will win 75 pts.

The total of above results in your BASE SCORE. Your BASE SCORE for a fight will multiplied by all applicable multipliers / bonuses.

Rare-Pick Bonus = 1.5X Multiplier
    If you pick a fighter to win correctly that is picked by 25% or fewer of players, this bonus will be applied.

Impossible-Pick Bonus = 1.75X Muliplier
    If you a pick a fighter to win correctly that is picked by 10% or fewer of the players, this bonus is applied instead of the Rare-Pick Bonus.

Perfect Rare-Pick Bonus = 1.80X Multiplier
    If you guess the correct fighter, result type & detail, and 25% or fewer of the players picked the correct fighter, this bonus is applied instead of the Rare-Pick Bonus.

Perfect Impossible-Pick Bonus = 2.00X Multiplier
    If you guess the correct fighter, result type & detail, and 10% or fewer of the players picked the correct fighter, this bonus is applied instead of the Impossible-Pick Bonus.

Other Details
    -Score and rankings updates will be made within 24 hours after a fight.
    -Rankings will include number of remaining multipliers you have left.
    -If you attempt to use a multiplier that you do not have, I will use the highest available multiplier that is less than the one you tried to use. For example, if you say 2X without any 2Xs left, I will treat it as a 1X play. If you use a 3X without any 3Xs left, I will try to use a 2X.
    So you get 25pts man. If you used one of your multipliers that number is adjusted accordingly, of course. If Berto had won the 'rare pick' multipliers would have come into play also cos almost no-one thought he would. But he didn't, because he just isn't very good.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 04-23-2017, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• What do you do with the points? Boxingscene should give out prizes monthly or something. There's all sorts of cheap boxing memorabilia on eBay, it would be a good way for boxingscene to keep it's members around & keep them active and for the site to get new members, which it desperately needs.

Comment

• Berto looked pathetic last night. He should retire.

Comment

• Damn was 1 round off

Picked round 8

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            You get points for the result and extra for getting the method right but don't get the bonus for calling the specifics.

So you get 25pts man. If you used one of your multipliers that number is adjusted accordingly, of course. If Berto had won the 'rare pick' multipliers would have come into play also cos almost no-one thought he would. But he didn't, because he just isn't very good.
            Thanks for the info m8 :-) respect

Comment

Working...
            X