Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julian Williams Drops, Shocks Jarrett Hurd For Unified Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    JRock was supposed to be Hurd's stay busy fight while Charlo and Harrison rematched. Both guys lost in hometown showcase fights trying to show how much easier they cod beat the other's previous opponent. Such irony. Both guys underestimated the skill and determination of their opponent. It's now clear neither team reads the Daily Bread on this site. War Breadman!
    Indeed Fam! Peace and Blessings to your favorite ladies! Make it special! ONE!

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
      Spence definitely overtrains. He also seems to spar for the wrong reason sadly. He seems to try to kill Sparring partners honestly and seems to get into gym wars.
      what had me kind of taken aback is when Spence said that he always uses the same sparring partners for every fight. Like..what???

I think there's many things he still needs to work on and I don't think he can't do that sparring the same guys over and over. We know he has olympic experience but memory fades when you keep doing repetitive shyt like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... I thought this was back in Dec. 2018...
        Yeah it was but I'm just saying that's too much weight to be cutting to begin with to think that you'll be performing at top level at 154 for much longer.

It's similar to when Broner went up to like 176 then tried to come back down to 140 he seemed quite drained and really was never the same after that.

Comment

• All Respect due to Jrock. I love underdogs winning. Was a little scared he’d get robbed but the judges saw it right.... also a BIG hats off to the referee for letting them fight on the inside and not separating them too often

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
            Yeah it was but I'm just saying that's too much weight to be cutting to begin with to think that you'll be performing at top level at 154 for much longer.

It's similar to when Broner went up to like 176 then tried to come back down to 140 he seemed quite drained and really was never the same after that.
            Hurd looked as lacking in energy last night... losing too much weight should have been the main cause...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Hurd looked as lacking in energy last night... losing too much weight should have been the main cause...
              I agree! It finally caught up to him! What do you think about Korobov vs. Hurd @ 160?

Comment

• It was interesting that Ward and Bradley on ESPN were talking about having the fight stopped by like the 7th round to save Dogboe from head damage, but he was taking less shots than Hurd did last night and the PBC boys (goosen and the other guy) flipped out at the idea that Hurd's trainer threatened to stop the fight in the 10th or something because he didn't like all the head trauma Hurd was enduring. I don't necessarily feel like the fight needed to be stopped for Hurd but I didn't like how negative they were about protecting a fighter. STFU, the corner has the fighter's safety in mind and you're ridiculing them? Ass backwards.

Great performance by Williams. He solidified himself as the top dog in the division.

And Larry Hazard is awful at scoring....consistently bad. I don't even know his bias, it's so confusing - it's like a guessing game as to who he's going to give the round to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I agree! It finally caught up to him! What do you think about Korobov vs. Hurd @ 160?
                  ... Hurd isn't much of a technician... it is to be seen how much power he carries North...

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                    what had me kind of taken aback is when Spence said that he always uses the same sparring partners for every fight. Like..what???

I think there's many things he still needs to work on and I don't think he can't do that sparring the same guys over and over. We know he has olympic experience but memory fades when you keep doing repetitive shyt like that.
                    His chin is going to be fruit gushers if he keeps having gym wars.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                      It was interesting that Ward and Bradley on ESPN were talking about having the fight stopped by like the 7th round to save Dogboe from head damage, but he was taking less shots than Hurd did last night and the PBC boys (goosen and the other guy) flipped out at the idea that Hurd's trainer threatened to stop the fight in the 10th or something because he didn't like all the head trauma Hurd was enduring. I don't necessarily feel like the fight needed to be stopped for Hurd but I didn't like how negative they were about protecting a fighter. STFU, the corner has the fighter's safety in mind and you're ridiculing them? Ass backwards.

Great performance by Williams. He solidified himself as the top dog in the division.

And Larry Hazard is awful at scoring....consistently bad. I don't even know his bias, it's so confusing - it's like a guessing game as to who he's going to give the round to.
                      He has to beat Charlo before that.

Comment

Working...
                      X