No announcement yet.

ruiz Can't Dictate whats what in The AJ Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
    Well yea location is usually the last thing and training camps aren't even under way.

No Dazn is actually run by Hearn as well in the boxing aspect so no , Joshua is the boss and Hearn cannot tell him what to do ,maybe has a little input on who he fights but that's all.
    Dazn USA is run by John Skipper, not Hearn. Eddie has a contract to put on cards to provide content. He doesn’t run the boxing.

Golden Boy also provides boxing content to Dazn. You wanna tell me Eddie controls Canelo?
    Last edited by saintpat; 07-12-2019, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
      Dazn USA is run by John Skipper, not Hearn. Eddie has a contract to put on cards to provide content. He doesn’t run the boxing.

Golden Boy also provides boxing content to Dazn. You wanna tell me Eddie controls Canelo?
      Hearn is in charge of boxing aspects so no, he is in charge of what goes on not Skipper who obviously can over rule him because hes in charge overall with everything but he doesn't over see anything unless its a special cause. every one has to somewhat compromise or negotiate with Hearn that include ODLH .He does not operate as part owner like Hearn. You guys have a hard time understanding simple things ,oh well.

Comment

Where's the contract?
        Post it here.

Comment

Some people don't understand what a rematch clause is.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            Going off a recent thread of very lost posters....

Can anyone answer why its hard to understand on here that AJ has the last say in venue and team Ruiz has no control of that . It can be negotiated but just as a set pay for Ruiz its not really that flexible where outlandish demands can be made such as 50 million and such for a U.k fight. Team AJ has set the terms already ,where location will be decided .

If you disagree do you have a logical explaination and not empty opinion because you say so ,because i'd like to hear it ? Ha
            Andy Ruiz, Jr. is well within his rights to decline the rematch if the only option is in the UK. What do you expect to happen if he does that? At worst he'll probably be stripped by one or two of the alphabet orgs. From how it sounds, Hearn dropped the ball with the clauses. It may even say in the contract, "venue to be decided by Matchroom", but doesn't sound like it's set in stone, and doesn't sound like there's anything to force Ruiz to take the fight. It would be unethical of the alphabet orgs to force Ruiz to take a rematch or be stripped. Wouldn't surprise me because they are unethical, but more likely they will call mandatories and cause a scenario where Ruiz can't meet all of the demands at the same time so belts will be vacated. They can't touch his purse for the first fight. They don't have an exclusive contractual agreement with him, he is a PBC fighter. So what is it you think is going to force him to travel to the UK if that's what AJ and Hearn want?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Ruiz got robbed in the UK?

WTF are you on about?

He thinks New Zealand is in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Ruiz got robbed in the UK?

WTF are you on about?
                Opps, my bad. It was here, Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand.

Comment

Eddie has to play nice, I know he has his fans who are obsessed with believing that Eddie Controls ALL OF BOXING and what he says goes but that is not the case not in this situation.

I'm willing to BET that Haymon has indeed found that "Loophole" that could get Ruiz out of the rematch and get him into a Unification with Wilder. Unification Takes Precedence over ALL so Hearn and DAZN have to playball here and Andy know that and you can tell he knows this now with his recent comments

I think the rematch will happen but it will be a very EXPENSIVE rematch for DAZN and Eddie Hearn with Ruiz getting way more money than whatever was in that rematch clause originally and I say...GOOD FOR ANDY!
                  Last edited by sicko; 07-12-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I haven't heard it confirmed 100% but the way both sides have talked about the venue not being set suggests it wasn't specified in the rematch clause. Froch-Bute had a rematch clause that said it would take place in Canada and Hearn was clear on that from the start, he's been less clear here unless I've missed something

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                      Andy Ruiz, Jr. is well within his rights to decline the rematch if the only option is in the UK. What do you expect to happen if he does that? At worst he'll probably be stripped by one or two of the alphabet orgs. From how it sounds, Hearn dropped the ball with the clauses. It may even say in the contract, "venue to be decided by Matchroom", but doesn't sound like it's set in stone, and doesn't sound like there's anything to force Ruiz to take the fight. It would be unethical of the alphabet orgs to force Ruiz to take a rematch or be stripped. Wouldn't surprise me because they are unethical, but more likely they will call mandatories and cause a scenario where Ruiz can't meet all of the demands at the same time so belts will be vacated. They can't touch his purse for the first fight. They don't have an exclusive contractual agreement with him, he is a PBC fighter. So what is it you think is going to force him to travel to the UK if that's what AJ and Hearn want?
                      Ruiz would face legal action and ,no hes not. As some pointed out many don't know what rematch clauses are.

Edit : The venue is to be decided on doesn't mean Ruiz gets to choose it.
                      Last edited by REDEEMER; 07-12-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X