Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather be cold or hungry?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold. I can handle cold weather conditions and my skin-type seems to be used to it.

I also hate the feeling of hunger - worse feeling in the world.

Comment

Been homeless many a time

Hunger can be blocked out but at the same time food grows on ****ing trees so I dont understand how anybody starves

And you ain't fighting that cold

If your on the streets between November and march you better pitch up a tent

Both are killers but more so the cold

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
        Are you trolling right now? Who the **** told you you could survive to 40 or 100 days without water lol

Do you know how much moisture we expend by just breathing? Not to mention all the necessary functions hydration precipitates. You would die in less than a week without water.
        I have gone 12 days without food or water and never came closer to dying. I know someone who went 16 days. The body has enough reserves for that kind of situation. There are people who like lying claiming you would die within a week, what a load of rubbish. Many religions do proper fasting, 24 hrs a day for a number of daysm

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          if youre a buddhist monk

if i miss a meal, im gonna want to know why

Many religions do including Christians. Americans find it hard to fast for some reason. Ask them to give money they have no problem but ask them to faSt then you will hear all sorts of excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
            Hunger only lasts a few minutes. It's a body's way of asking you to eat but after the meal time the body goes to alternative sources of energy and the loss of strength disappears
            Few minutes?? Spoken like someone who has never pushed their body to the EXTREMES. You are talking about a DIFFERENT kind of hunger. I highly doubt you have ever experienced TRUE hunger(without ANY 'reserves') -not many in the U.S. have. We are talking about REAL Hunger/starvation/atrophy/etc., not "my stomach hurts so Im looking for a Purse to snatch!"

Comment

Hungry.

**** being cold.

Comment

Hunger only lasts a few minutes. It's a body's way of asking you to eat but after the meal time the body goes to alternative sources of energy and the loss of strength disappears
                Yep.. You have NEVER experienced TRUE hunger.

Comment

My body can handle the cold better then most, don't like the feeling of being hungry. So I would rather be cold then hungry

Comment

You don't starve until after about 40 days with no food or water. Some people can even die only after more than 100 days. The body has so many reserves of energy which it uses while healing itself. Actually it's very good to go without food for many days at a time as this gives the body the chance to restore. Diseases like diabetes just heal from going without food.
                    40 days without water??! Are you serious? Maybe with food if you have a tremendous amount of "reserves". But with water, it's generally about 3-4 days.. possibly a week in good conditions. Go ahead and test it yourself.

Comment

I have gone 12 days without food or water and never came closer to dying. I know someone who went 16 days. The body has enough reserves for that kind of situation. There are people who like lying claiming you would die within a week, what a load of rubbish. Many religions do proper fasting, 24 hrs a day for a number of daysm
                      Slow down on the crack son ��

Comment

Working...
                      X