Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sparring Damian...working on getting under shots, countering off blocks, slips, etc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring Damian...working on getting under shots, countering off blocks, slips, etc

Damian has recently come back to game bred

he was out for a year but is a 30+ fighter veteran.

He is strong, aggressive, good speed and dynamite power

he is gonna do well in the amatuers and he also is a student of the game and trains hard.

Im in the shorts, he has the black long sweats on

sorry fellas got hit with copyrights, took of the audio sadly so you wont be able to hear coach J's instructions

Comment

leave a comment, had to repost because of copyrights

Comment

Work on distance management. Your front foot is like 2 feet away from his front foot. A guy with the shorter reach such as yourself needs to spend more time on the inside, smother his punches. He needs more room to punch than you do, get in close and stay close.

No offense but I don't really see too much productive work being done. From what I did see you guys were just working on jabs. Am I correct in that statement?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
          Work on distance management. Your front foot is like 2 feet away from his front foot. A guy with the shorter reach such as yourself needs to spend more time on the inside, smother his punches. He needs more room to punch than you do, get in close and stay close.

No offense but I don't really see too much productive work being done. From what I did see you guys were just working on jabs. Am I correct in that statement?
          just light sparring,

none taken.

He wanted me to counter him coming in and he work on cutting off the ring

was no intense sparring at all

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            just light sparring,

none taken.

He wanted me to counter him coming in and he work on cutting off the ring

was no intense sparring at all
            Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
              Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense now.
              many people watch videos and don't even read the text

there are several different types of sparring, not all times in the ring are wars

Damian often lunges so coach wanted me to make him pay and realize he has to be defensively responsible

I almost dropped him 40 seconds in with a right uppercut left hook combo

keeps head on center line too long

Comment

Working...
              X