Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm Overqualified For All The Jobs I Applied To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
    LMAO as we speak i checked my email and a business accounting firm just emailed me and said they are impressed by my resume and want to call me in for an interview. but i saw the position they want to interview me for and its for an entry administrative management position so here we go again lol.
    Bro, that's a Secretary.

You'll be answering calls and processing mail.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
      Bro, that's a Secretary.

You'll be answering calls and processing mail.
      lol yeah seems like it. its funny i had my own secretary and assistant to handle all these duties. but hey ill take it F it its only like 4 miles away from me. ill let u know how the interview goes lol

Comment

lol yeah seems like it. its funny i had my own secretary and assistant to handle all these duties. but hey ill take it F it its only like 4 miles away from me. ill let u know how the interview goes lol
        Yeah, see how it goes.

Start from the bottom and take over the company later!

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
          I can sympathise with what you're saying. Although this may be a different scenario, one of my lecturers used to repeativly tell a story of once he attained his PhD that people started to doubt his ability. Apparently he was too academic to perform the job that he applied to although he had multiple years of experience in different job roles within his industry.
          Unreal lifts in your sig at that bodyweight man... seriously mirin hard

Comment

no basically as I explained in my previous thread the company did a bunch of us senior management and senior employees dirty, they basically wrote us a carefully legally advised letter stating that we are on forced leave without pay or benefits and we are not sure if we will be asked back or not for the time being.

by doing so they are avoiding severance or officially declaring us terminated for legal responsibilities.

yes we were done shady wrong
            So could they technically never contact you again and you never get a severance or is there some sort of time period they have?

Comment

If you were over-qualified you wouldn't be crying about it on an internet forum lol

Comment

Try starting your own business and then you wouldn't have to worry about brown nosing higher up baby boomers who aren't retiring and getting out of the way as fast as they used to back in the day. Or HR ditzes.

Comment

It may be your previous salary more than your qualifications that is scaring them off.

Comment

Been in this predicament @ OP. It is annoying as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Tycoon View Post
                      Try starting your own business and then you wouldn't have to worry about brown nosing higher up baby boomers who aren't retiring and getting out of the way as fast as they used to back in the day. Or HR ditzes.
                      yeah i did have a small business on the side in real estate when everything was hot and blowing up. i made some good money and got taxed hard cuz california was trying to make up for all the losses and i didnt know any of the tricks to go around it.

i think i could do a similar business again later on but id rather get a full time job going again first then do like real estate on the weekends or whatever.

unless you know a really wise business to start?

Comment

Working...
                      X