Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm Overqualified For All The Jobs I Applied To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    I work in HR (entry level position, mind you). I have a few questions for you:

1) Why did you leave your last role? Seems like you made a ton of money and now you seem content with something far inferior in that regard and prestige.
    2) What do you want to go in to?
    3) What was your last role exactly?

What we do in my place of work in terms of short listing candidates is, we write up a job description and then give it to the senior management members who use a point system to shortlist certain candidates. We then invite them for an interview and I feel as though the interview is a fair process and they since they personally shortlist them, they wouldn't shortlist someone who wasn't what they wanted, at least on paper.

Are you a woman?

Comment

One must enjoy his work. It's better to earn less and be happy then make a ton and be depressed.

So should I do the PhD or MPP, I cant decide.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        One must enjoy his work. It's better to earn less and be happy then make a ton and be depressed.

This is one of the most stupid advice. It's called work. You're not supposed to like it. You're supposed to work so you can buy all the things you want and need. You want to be happy, get a hobby, buy an expressive car, buy a house. But work is work - no need to like it.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post

This reasoning is why many college grad are our of job with huge debt. Lots of idiots thought college is a hobby and took courses like philosophy, history coz that's what they want and they are happy with that degree.

Comment

I love my job as a writer. If you love your work - you work harder.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
              This reasoning is why many college grad are our of job with huge debt. Lots of idiots thought college is a hobby and took courses like philosophy, history coz that's what they want and they are happy with that degree.
              My BA was in History, MA in IR. Next up MPP or PhD.

It's a nice life.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
                Hey buddy it was a required course even if a bunch of fluffy crap, but at least it was interesting crap.

Comment

I know Dry Cleaning USA is looking to fill a position right now. It may not be for everyone but it pays over $100K a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Hey buddy it was a required course even if a bunch of fluffy crap, but at least it was interesting crap.
                    Not a subject in philosophy. But some actually have a degree in philosophy. Maybe they could go on and ponder why they are jobless.

Comment

Car salesman at a local dealership? lol idk. Maybe you can move your way up to finance or management in little time, I know those guys can make 6 figures or usually close to it after taxes.

Comment

Working...
                      X