Mike McCallum Vs the Fab 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBear View Post
    Gentlemen...

Take the beefs to the thunderdome. If members cannot debate in a civil manner they will be removed from this section or worse.

Thank you
    To be fair, one of the participants is an alt of a guy who got banned a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by StarshipTrooper View Post
      To be fair, one of the participants is an alt of a guy who got banned a couple of weeks ago.
      Yes I did see that. I will watch the member but I did need to ask everyone involved.

Comment

Yes I did see that. I will watch the member but I did need to ask everyone involved.
        I think Steele vis a vis Acera is Sonny lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Acero View Post
          As I stated before, you're not very good at this.

Okay.
          since you have no credibility, im good with your take on the matter

Comment

beats duran, loses to the rest. 51/49 in hearns favor over mccallum

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
              Watch out, Hawk. This Acero is cunning. He draws jousters out with some dumb statement, then while they are distracted, decapitates them with ironclad logic he has kept hidden just for that purpose. Keep your responses as short as a line of Hemingway dialogue so he can gain no purchase upon your battlements, sir. And while he innocently fingers a wooden practice sword, be wary of a sudden gleam, for it may be his battle axe on the fly.
              Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
              Good to see you back, Billy boy. There has been a definite decline in boxing forensics around here since your hiatus. These days, I merely come on and look at some of the titles of the threads, and then go have a nice puke. To actually read the arguments persistently could be a viable substitute for jail time. Our lawmakers should seriously consider that option. A solution to jail overcrowding is right here in this forum. Fortunately, there are still a few lads around capable of analysis.

Back to forensics.

I like your idea about Hagler getting off first. He was never known as super quick, but was not a slow poke, either. Some of Marv's speed edge will likely be negated by the excellent timing and skill of McCallum who had good boxing smarts. Marv's biggest weakness consisted of lapses in ring generalship. Here he could be out marshaled. He could be suckered into another man's fight. If McCallum could implement such a strategy, he might indeed make this a pick'em affair. I would still have to give Marvin a slight edge.

Hagler's ring generalship was at its worst against Leonard. Leonard had special talents, though, and the speed difference between the two was critical, whereas the speed difference between Marv and Mike is noticeable but in my opinion not great enough to be critical. That is to say, MacCallum could conceivably overcome it.

Who chin you rate higher old man??

I say Mccallum....
              Wnet up in weight and look at the guys he fought...

Haggars chin is overrated...

Comment

By the way, the banned poster's name was Johnny Steele. Guess what Juan Acero means in Spanish: John Steel.

Comment

McCallum's body work would be too much, remember how Hagler faded in first Vito fight allowing Vito to get a draw? McCallum would have stopped him in 13.
                  Fun Topic

Comment

Originally posted by Bud Crawford#1 View Post
                    McCallum's body work would be too much, remember how Hagler faded in first Vito fight allowing Vito to get a draw? McCallum would have stopped him in 13.
                    Fun Topic
                    Also Mccallum showed he could hang with much tougher guys than Haggar and at higher weight classes.

Marvin Haggar was a weight bully who only liked fighting small guys, old men and club fighters.

Briscoe Is hands down the best actual middleweight incompetent Hagglar fought and he was a ghost.

Prime for Prime Briscoe would kill Haggar.
                    To much pressure and to much Power. Haggars running wouldn't save him.

Comment

Working...
                    X