hanc0ck
    MIB 1,2

misses -
    ID !!!!!!
    WILD WILD WEST !!!!!
    i am legend
    after earth

mark takes this, wide (imho)

Close call, but I'll roll with Mark Mark. Both are over achievers.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      movie wise

hits (that ive seen)-
      basketball diaries
      boogie nights
      3 kings
      perfect storm
      the departed
      shooter
      lone survivor
      the gambler

misses -
      THE HAPPENING !!!!!!
      POTAs
      max payne

hits (that ive seen)
      enemy of the state
      hanc0ck
      MIB 1,2

misses -
      ID !!!!!!
      WILD WILD WEST !!!!!
      i am legend
      after earth

mark takes this, wide (imho)
      Mark takes this easily IMO also.

I'm surprised you haven't seen or mentioned - THE FIGHTER. Its the story of Mickey Ward, Mark plays Mickey and its a good watch, he's probably upstaged in the film by Christian Bale who plays Mickey Ward's half brother Dicky - great performance.

Other good Wahlberg films are TED and THE OTHER GUYS

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
        Mark takes this easily IMO also.

I'm surprised you haven't seen or mentioned - THE FIGHTER. Its the story of Mickey Ward, Mark plays Mickey and its a good watch, he's probably upstaged in the film by Christian Bale who plays Mickey Ward's half brother Dicky - great performance.

Other good Wahlberg films are TED and THE OTHER GUYS
        sry but......

.......''irish'' mickey ward (and im half mick). nothing personal. he was a very limited guy who did the best with what he had.

his boxing career, such as it was, wasnt worth a movie. he had a rough and tumble life ?!?!? many people have.

mark has a weird comedy flare about him. mostly when hes not trying to be funny. ill give the other guy a shot. not interested in talking teddy bears

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Close call, but I'll roll with Mark Mark. Both are over achievers.
          both were overachievers, more so mark (imho)

from the funky bunch to big screen ?!?!?

at least willie was on tv for a while.

Comment

sry but......

.......''irish'' mickey ward (and im half mick). nothing personal. he was a very limited guy who did the best with what he had.

his boxing career, such as it was, wasnt worth a movie. he had a rough and tumble life ?!?!? many people have.

mark has a weird comedy flare about him. mostly when hes not trying to be funny. ill give the other guy a shot. not interested in talking teddy bears
            It rode on the popularity of the Gatti-Ward trilogy & Gatti's death not long before. Definitely without Gatti there wouldn't be a movie about Ward.

Comment

Mark Whalberg and it's not even close. I only see Will Smith as The FPOB who played very limited personalities in his characters.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                It rode on the popularity of the Gatti-Ward trilogy & Gatti's death not long before. Definitely without Gatti there wouldn't be a movie about Ward.
                exactly what kept me from watching.

what we need is a gatti movie.

irish mickey ward

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
                  Mark Whalberg and it's not even close. I only see Will Smith as The FPOB who played very limited personalities in his characters.
                  never seen a minutes worth of FPOB. cant say if it was good or not.

willie has a certain persona he carries around with him. i havent seen his drama pieces (their subject matter didnt interest me) so i cant tell his range.

still, from funky bunch to -b lister...who woulda thunk

Comment

sry but......

Totally agree his boxing career or life wasn't worth a movie but its still a pretty good movie, if you watch it you cant deny that Bale's performance as the junkie brother is epic and hilarious

Comment

Working...
                    X