Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joan Guzman vs Amir Khan in negotiations for December!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah no point in him taking on a soft touch, he won't learn anything from it (lets be fair he hasn't learned a thing from his amateur days) Nothing to gain by fighting a soft touch, may as well fight Guzman & go out with a bang.

Whilst he goes out, he'll be reigniting Guzmans career.

He can have his farewell fight in the U.K giving the fans what they really want, a rematch with Prescott.

WARRR GUZMANNNNN!

Comment

Amir Khan is ****ing nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        I totally disagree with people who say Khan has the dumbest team. This is the type of fight I hoped Khan would take. Its like if Khan is going to be as good as he thinks he can be then the time is now.

How many times can you keep restarting your career? You cant. Sooner or later if you keep having these kinda "strange" losses then you are going to have to just put all cards on the table and go for it.

I think thats what Khan's team is thinking and its what Ive called for since the Garcia loss. I said that he shouldnt take a cupcake fight. He should go straight for a top notch opponent and go for all big guns after that. At this point he has nothing to lose. He's already loss.

The marks are already there. The only way to erase them is going for big gun fights who no one else thinks he would take. Do that ish now and he can get back to the top
        Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Regardless of the thought-process behind the match-up, this is definitely a respectable move by Khan. This is how rising stars build their name, by fighting dangerous low-reward opponents even when there are better/safer options.
        the problem with all of this is hes just not that good. itd be nice if he was, but hes not. hes not exactly old and he probably cant improve too much but he has time. he can build a new team and learn some new tricks. jumping into a guzman fight is a bad idea no matter how u look at it. its great for us fans no doubt, but khan just isnt the type that can overcome something like this imo. he doesnt have the skill or the chin to. he'll never get the chin but at least get a few easy rounds and work on the skill.

Comment

I don't believe in soft touches for any fighter but I guess nowadays it's what we are used too.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
            I totally disagree with people who say Khan has the dumbest team. This is the type of fight I hoped Khan would take. Its like if Khan is going to be as good as he thinks he can be then the time is now.

How many times can you keep restarting your career? You cant. Sooner or later if you keep having these kinda "strange" losses then you are going to have to just put all cards on the table and go for it.

I think thats what Khan's team is thinking and its what Ive called for since the Garcia loss. I said that he shouldnt take a cupcake fight. He should go straight for a top notch opponent and go for all big guns after that. At this point he has nothing to lose. He's already loss.

The marks are already there. The only way to erase them is going for big gun fights who no one else thinks he would take. Do that ish now and he can get back to the top
            I like the way this man thinks.
            Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            the problem with all of this is hes just not that good.
            Not sure how you came to this conclusion but Khan is definitely good when he fights his fight instead of getting caught up in the crowd and trying to be all exciting. Im just gonna assume you don't like him. The dude is 25 and definitely has room to improve and learn. Especially to not be a ****** and to box his opponents instead of trying that bs he tried vs Garcia in that one round. Garcia couldn't touch Khan for the first 2-3 rounds and Garcia's dad showed it in the corner. He can definitely learn the inside game as well.

Comment

If he takes easy fights people will criticize him. If he takes tough competition he gets bash. I dont like him, but I do respect his bring the best and fight the best attitude.

Comment

a win over Khan puts Guzman back in the limelight...this version would be the hungriest (no pun intended), most focused Guzman we'll see since the Soto fight

fock it...let's see it happen

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  this exactly. u lose to garcia and u jump in with a guy whos the exact same type of fighter but probably better? i dunno. and gbp, wtf are they thinking?
                  I was thinking the same thing but if Team Khan are stil demanding over $1 Million a fight this puts pressure on GBP to make meaningful fights or lose money. Khan needs 2 to 3 easy fights while he works on his joke defence before he should be put in at top level again. It well may be that Team Khan's financial demands are putting GBP in a position where financially they can't give Khan a breather.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                    I don't believe in soft touches for any fighter but I guess nowadays it's what we are used too.
                    rebuilding and soft touches arent the same thing. i mean whats the point of being ignorant to your issues and rushing into fights in which u are outgunned? that doesnt make u a brave fighter, that makes u a stupid fighter. kinda like the paul williams thing. his coach is gonna act like hes not susceptible to straight lefts from southpaws? thats stupid. khan has a lotta holes in his game, fighting this kinda fight simply doesnt fix them.

Comment

how in hell did they narrow down their selection to joan guzman.

not only are you concerned that the guy fails to make weight by oh, 10 pounds or something ridiculous, but if he does make weight, then you're like oh ****, an in-shape motivated guzman could make him do the bambi dance again.

Comment

Working...
                      X