Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights who don't do roadwork?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haye didn't do any long distance runs for Valuev, he just did sprint training.

And power-walks, strangely enough

Comment

Juan Diaz dosen't do traditional roadwork, instead he swims or does the stair master; pretty sure the Klitschko's swim instead of run also

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
      LOL. Tito Trinidad is actually a marathon runner. He literally runs marathons all year round even when he wasn't training for a fight. Jeez people, where do you get this stuff from?
      yeah I heard that Tito would run marathons year round, that would explain his great stamina

Comment

Jermain Taylor didn't do roadwork like he should until the second Pavlik fight.

Swimming, in my opinion, is much better than roadwork. Might as well do both but swimming works out every single muscle you have.

Comment

I don't do alot of roadwork but I jump rope everyday 15 20 mins I prob only run 15 20 miles a week and that's when I need to shed some pounds. for stamina I learned it's better to do sprints 30 seconds to a min then rest 10 20 seconds and I sparr alot that's the only way to really get use to going rounds and controll urself. but everything helps

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
            Where did you find out about that?
            Freddie Roach said it in an interview, Toney wants to do what he wants to do.

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
              Juan Diaz dosen't do traditional roadwork, instead he swims or does the stair master; pretty sure the Klitschko's swim instead of run also.
              yeah I heard that Tito would run marathons year round, that would explain his great stamina
              Beat me to it, amigo.
              Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
              I don't do alot of roadwork but I jump rope everyday 15 20 mins I prob only run 15 20 miles a week and that's when I need to shed some pounds. for stamina I learned it's better to do sprints 30 seconds to a min then rest 10 20 seconds and I sparr alot that's the only way to really get use to going rounds and controll urself. but everything helps
              Spot on. Sprints are killer.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Naseem hamed didnt do road work. So it shows you dont have to to reach the top. But as long as you do some aerobic exercise. Like cycling or at least something to get the heart rate up.

James Toney might have become even better if he did road work then. Maybe he spent more time on tecniques than waste time on the road.
                naseem fell short from reaching the top dont you think?

Comment

Originally posted by crazy vic View Post
                  naseem fell short from reaching the top dont you think?
                  No Naseem was a top fighter at one point and this is coming from some one who never liked the dude.

Comment

whatever you do, make sure your roadwork replacement is equally as hard as running. I fyou in the back of your mind are not running because it's to hard to go long distances, you are only cheating yourself. So if you skip instead of run..make damn sure you skip like an hour straight.

same with sprints. A lot of guys do sprints cause it takes up less time. In reality you should do both, or do a long run with a variable pace.

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
                      Both Klitschkos do zero roadwork. They swim for their aerobic activity but neither of them runs on a road.
                      Because they are both really big dudes with bad knees.

Comment

Working...
                      X