Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loeffler waiting until April 18th to make a decision...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loeffler waiting until April 18th to make a decision...

With him pretty much confirming they're going to wait until the NSAC decision on Canelo, I wonder what he knows that we don't that led to such a decision.

At first, I thought the NSAC decision and Gennady moving on with this May 5th fight were totally independent of each other, considering the fight is officially off.

What you guys think? I just don't get why an opponent for GGG would depend on NSAC's decision if the fight is already off.

You think they'd be willing to sit GGG until September IF Canelo is able to come back by then? Inactivity and older fighters don't get along.

I wonder if Canelo has even kept training. Camp is expensive and brutal. Would be hilarious if Loeff waited, Canelo was given a pass, and then turned out to not be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I wonder if Canelo has even kept training. Camp is expensive and brutal. Would be hilarious if Loeff waited, Canelo was given a pass, and then turned out to not be ready.
      Ahaha, that would suck. But no. They shut down camp already. Plus Canelo knows a suspension is coming - that's why he opted to get that knee surgery done, so he can get it out the way while he rests.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Haha! Another reason why GGG shouldn't been "hitching" his career on another's boxer's career.

But seriously, didn't Canelo just had a minor surgery!

Comment

Could be they would consider a real opponent for the 5th if Canelo is a year away.

Comment

I think it's about 99% certain that he will fight Vanes on May 5th in Southern California. April 18th is very close so if there is any change we will soon know.

Comment

Golovkin against any of his mandos or BJS is way more interesting. Canelo will come back and fight O'Sullivan.
              Last edited by Mammoth; 04-15-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

What do they care about bumnelo? He already pulled out of the fight. Might as well fight and stay active

Comment

It's probably because if Canelo doesn't get a suspension, than GGG will just consider waiting for him to come back and not worry about May 5th.

But if Canelo is suspended, than GGG will move on get whatever dollars and fights he can before he's washed up.

That would be my plan if I was his management at least.

Comment

zzzz, seems like their life circulate around canelo, is GGG looking for retirement payday ?
                    move on dude, just fight a bum rn and then unif with BJS
                    canelo ain;t go anywhere, he has no ****ing belt !

Comment

Working...
                    X