Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence, Mikey Garcia To Go Face To Face at Live Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

call me crazy but I think this is a very even matchup despite Spences size advantage,I think Mikey has better ring iq & more experience. I still think Spence wins,but by SD rather than by Ko.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      Spence has 13 fights out of 24 (54%) over 147. He fought in the Amateurs in the WW division (69kg) which is 152 lbs. His normal division that he's fought in his whole career is JMW.
      dually noted mcnulty, so basically spence would have been better suited naturally at the 154 pound weight division instead off the 147 pound division and also Garcia started off as a feather weight and is now trying to make a name in the 147 pound division...

none the less we shall see who will win either be it spence with the advantage off being the larger fighter especially in that division who is more experienced at 147 pounds or Garcia the smaller but ambitious fighter rising up the ranks division by division...

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
        It really isn't. This have that GGG brook feel to it. Outside of hardcore fans I don't know anyone who even know either fighter is.

I have serious doubt how competitive this fight will be.
        2 undefeated, in their prime, top 10 P4P fighters are going at it and you don't think it's one of the biggest fights of the yr? Ok

Comment

Super dope. Always wondered why they didn't do this/always felt like they should do this. I'm guessing maybe budget/time slots was the issue in the past. But even for bigger fights in the past, this should've been done.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like I watched a weigh-in on TV before. Most recently Plant & Uzcategui weigh in I coulda swore was on FS1 ��
          Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
          in the ring brook was bigger then GGG
          He really wasn't tho. He may have weighed more but he most certainly wasn't bigger than GGG.
          Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
          This is how you promote a fight. Great for PBC/FOX to get more eyeballs to boxing. This is what DAZN needs to do, get out more ads/promotion so people will actually look up what DAZN is and subscribe (or at least do a trial).

Hopefully they announce more of the undercard fights on saturday as well
          DAZN probably has more ads than the general public will give them credit for. They seem to be doing pretty decent for just starting out, they have millions of downloads on Android. No telling how much more on other platforms. As a matter of fact I just rechecked & the numbers are not that far off from the UFC's app on android & it's been available since 2011!

Don't know their budget or an exact number on ads/impressions but I do know I've seen DAZN ads on NBA games, same goes for Top Rank. I also seen HEAVY DAZN ads when red head signed.

Also from what I understand they're getting the MLB soon so that could be a platform to advertise fights potentially.
          Last edited by MPDKSAB; 02-11-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
            Always wondered why they didn't do this/always felt like they should do this. I'm guessing maybe budget/time slots was the issue in the past. But even for bigger fights in the past, this should've been done.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like I watched a weigh-in on TV before. Most recently Plant & Uzcategui weigh in I coulda swore was on FS1 🤔

He really wasn't tho. He may have weighed more but he most certainly wasn't bigger than GGG.
            Fox is airing their FOX/FS1 card weigh-ins on FS1 and FS2, but they arent live. Still good press

Comment

Pretty sure the headline should say face to chest but whatever.

Comment

You gotta be crazy to assume Spence easily wins.. dude hes fighting Mikey Garcia. If you overlook his calibre and skills ydksab. Gonna be fun to watch and itll be an eye opener for the casual fans who fail to recognize hype from substance. Not saying Spence is but Mikey has the grooming of a Champion with a solid reseme.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Pretty sure the headline should say face to chest but whatever.
                  Wuz going to say face to belly button.

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                    that Mexican guy is a lot smaller. spence is a POS
                    Give Mikey some credit. Mikey basically taunted him in the media. Spence didn't force him. Should Spence have cowered?

Comment

Got my tix, ready for my first visit to Dallas. As for the fight itself. I generally like fights where elite guys from different weight classes get together. I like Mikey as a fighter. But, I think he’s bitten off a little more than he can chew in this one. Either way, should be a fun weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X