how good is paul williams...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe he beats Winky due to his inactivity- UD

Comment

Quintana gave boxers the blueprint on how to beat Williams, so with that being said, Cotto, Mosely, Floyd (if he came back to fight him, BIG IF) will box circles around Williams, but if they act stupid (Mosely trading with him or Cotto letting Paul apply pressure on him) they will lose, in short he is good, but not THAT good.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        Paul Williams is nasty. He is an extremely tough out for anyone from 147-160. The Quintana loss was a fluke as proven by his first round KO in the rematch- as Roy's loss to Griffin was proven to be bull****. He's beaten Margs fair and square, who is a world class WW with or without bricks in his gloves, crushed the very durable Verno Phillips, and ko'd a serviceable MW in the first round.

He is a 6'1 volume puncher with pop and boxing skills. He fights tall but can bang inside. He's very tall for a WW and tall for a JMW. He needs to fight whoever he can to get his name out there because there are vry few people out there who might be able to beat him. I'd favor him over everyone at WW including Mayflower. At 154 like him at even money or favored over everyone.
        so you think he's crap??!!! lol

cheers for the run down

Comment

p.s would he trouble or beat PBF??

Comment

Originally posted by dumber79 View Post
            is this why?? my mates raves about him and reckons he's avoided because he'd whooped any WW!!!

Don;t get me wrong, from what i've watched he does looked good, very akward too. sure i'll come to my own decision after the wimky outcome, but appreciate peoples opinions.

His last fight with Verno Phillips drew like 2 or 3 thousand people to a 10,000 seat arena and half the people left after Chris Arreola fought on the Undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              His last fight with Verno Phillips drew like 2 or 3 thousand people to a 10,000 seat arena and half the people left after Chris Arreola fought on the Undercard.
              why's he not popular?? i've watched interviews and the guy seems grounded.

surely it's a double edged sword, if he doens't get the fights, nobody will know about him and in turn not fill out venues, no???

Comment

why's he not popular?? i've watched interviews and the guy seems grounded.

surely it's a double edged sword, if he doens't get the fights, nobody will know about him and in turn not fill out venues, no???

He's grounded but his personality is almost non existant and most popular fighters early in their career develop a regional following that eventually turns into a national following. He never developed that regional following so I'm afraid that he's gonna end up being the next Vernon forrest instead of the next Tommy Hearns.

In fact I think his promoters are doing more to hurt his popularity when they hype him as the most avoided fighter in boxing.

Comment

In fact I think his promoters are doing more to hurt his popularity when they hype him as the most avoided fighter in boxing.
                  i suppose that will get peoples backs up

Comment

He's a good fighter but I don't think his skill has anything to do with him being avoided. The main reason he can't get fights is because he's a non draw and brings very little money to the table. Most big time fighters arn't really intrested in fighting a dangerous guy for peanuts.
                    Great post. Economics dictates the fight game. Not the hardcore fans.

Comment

i've watched some of his fights and he's looked good. i've been told that his one of the most ducked fighters around, do you agree??

Looking at him he looks way too bloody big for WW, looks like flipping dalsim off street fighter.

anyway, is he that good and will he beat winky??
                      yes, he's avoided and that means we don't know how good he really is

Comment

Working...
                      X