Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man....... I'm still extremely disappointed in Ruiz' effort.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man....... I'm still extremely disappointed in Ruiz' effort.

It's been a while ago, but this still gets to me more than any other fight in recent memory.

Losing wasn't the issue. It's the not even attempting to put up a fight and just gave back all the belts.

Maybe he just thought that it was all a fluke and he knew it, but even if it was a fluke and he knew that he wasn't going to beat him a second time, at least go down with honor and dignity and train at your very best and give it your very best so when your kids grow up and watch the fight, they would be proud seeing that he gave it his all.

What got me is I payed for the 2nd fight and he came in looking like a walrus.Let a lot of boxing fans down .

Comment

Lol, I said if Joshua boxes Ruiz would just be plodding all night, called the response after being “Ruiz didnt try”.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
        It's been a while ago, but this still gets to me more than any other fight in recent memory.

Losing wasn't the issue. It's the not even attempting to put up a fight and just gave back all the belts.

Maybe he just thought that it was all a fluke and he knew it, but even if it was a fluke and he knew that he wasn't going to beat him a second time, at least go down with honor and dignity and train at your very best and give it your very best so when your kids grow up and watch the fight, they would be proud seeing that he gave it his all.
        His effort on the night was good, it was just is preparation.

You could see it coming a mile out from fight night. Anthony Joshua basically beat Ruiz Junior just by simply doing more homework, and even still? It was not a dominating performance by Joshua which proves that the first defeat was legit.

I have been stating it time and time again on here 'Anthony Joshua is not the same fighter, that he was before he got involved with Andy Ruiz Junior'

Anthony Joshua when he is alone with his own thoughts. Understands that there is a fighter out there who, has seemingly shown immunity to his power, was not overly intimidated by his stature. 'And was willing to compete with him head on' That moment in the 12th round when Joshua refused to engage with Ruiz Junior, will linger in Joshua's mind as a competitor.

Anthony Joshua on December 7th, successfully initiated stage 1 of his rebuilding process 'But by no means has he Slayed the Dragon'.

It just seems like he has recoiled by into the UK, after all this audaciousness and bold moves such as invading america. Fighters who study the sport and are 100% honest? Can see that Joshua is a fighter he still needs rebuilding, that rebuilding process will only be completed when he Slay's the Dragon in Andy Ruiz Junior.

I will predict that Joshua will fight Andy Ruiz Junior for the 3rd time in 2020.
        Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-11-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Its crazy to me this happened . Andy has been inconsistent in the past with his training no doubt , but hes a lifer , hes been doing this since hes 6 . My guess is a life of work ( he may not have really wanted imo .....maybe his dad pushed him into it ,, it happens all too often in every sport ) and chasing one dream all became stagnant after it was achieved . We seen it happen with fury , why not someone who has been boxing for a decade longer and under the radar without a tonne of promotion or exposure . Not to mention andy clealry loves food and the good life . While he clearly wasnt so poor he couldnt afford shoes growing up andy was part of a low income family and they worked hard to stay afloat . Maybe the money and achieving a dream he may not have actually been sure was ever going to happen was enough for andy . This is all speculation but really the only reasons I can think for andy falling off so hard in the biggest fight of his life . However we have seen it before . And are we really that surprised this happened ?? The man proclaimed himself the snickers heavyweight champion of the world haha . I like andy tho and I hope he is back and in some decent fights , no more demetrienkos of the world pls al .

Comment

Not many in boxing history can deal with that kind of style that Joshua brought that night.

Even duran quit when leonard started running.

I’m just saying it’s hard to chase the faster fighter when you the slower guy. Ask floyd mayweather’s opponents everytime the dude uses his bike to box.

Comment

I think Ruiz went into the fight believing that there was no way he could lose. He also bought into the hype that AJ was just a hype job with a glass chin. Lastly, Ruiz only had one game plan: "win by KO as soon as we exchange". He wasn't in good enough condition to track Joshua down and cut off the ring when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                Not many in boxing history can deal with that kind of style that Joshua brought that night.

Even duran quit when leonard started running.

I’m just saying it’s hard to chase the faster fighter when you the slower guy. Ask floyd mayweather’s opponents everytime the dude uses his bike to box.
                It's definitely difficult to deal with, however I think the disappointment lies in the fact that Andy knew going in that AJ would do that ("I expect Joshua to try to box me around") and yet he apparently made no effort to prepare for that. Ruiz might have lost anyway but the least he could have done is slim down enough to put forth a better effort.

Comment

I was disappointed by the Ruiz on show as a boxing fan, as an AJ fan I was happy to see him grow as a fighter and a man. Ruiz actually tried really hard but his physical limitations, lack of fitness and slow feet were never going to be good enough for a turned on and tuned in AJ.

Ruiz's problem is that in his years and years as a pro he just doesn't seem to want to improve his fitness.

Comment

It is his life and it was his choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X