Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis was IBF Champ in 2017. But he's not ready?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, champions are no longer champions, the ibf is just a prospect belt, davis is having testicular implants etc etc these are the excuses you will hear

Comment

ARUm should first say he would like to make this fight with Floyd. Other than that Vassily doesn’t need his name around the thug

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        I don't know he seemed to do pretty good financially in his sport and I bet his TMT gear is worth a couple bucks

Most new businesses fail its part of life

But your the type of negative fan I'm talking abouYou know Davis probably stands no chance against Loma right now but you want to see the fight why ?

Probably to see a fighter Mayweathers associated with lose

If you wanted to see he best fight the best you'd want Loma to fight Mikey Garcia or Linares.

I think there's different levels of Champions especially when you have 4 organizations. A young guy gets a strap it's just to raise his profile why throw him to wolves when he has upside. No one in Mayweathers position would do that especially if the fighter he's benifitingnisnassociated with Arum

Do you complain that Valdez or Zurdo hasn't fought any fighter close to being the best in their division let alone a P4Per ?

What about Sadam ali are you demanding he fight Charlo ?

I'd be amped for a Loma / Davis fight but wouldn't give Davis much of a chance

Loma should fight other proven top echeleon fighters in and around heir prime like Garcia ( why isn't TR interested in this fight ) or Linares in my opinion

Gervonta is/was a champ and honestly, I doubt they meet in the ring within next 3 years.

2nd Vasya should and he will face top names in near future. such as: Linares, G.Mikey, Easter jr and who knows..may be even fight with Crawford.
        Last edited by Ogecca MaMa; 02-06-2018, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Young doe.

Comment

Why do posters in this thread keep pretending they want to see this because it will be a good fight?

Tank obviously needs to fight some better LW's before he takes on Loma. No different than Oscar Valdez, also a champion, is fighting Quigg next instead of fighting Leo Santa Cruz.

We get it guys-you want Tank to take the fight because he isn't as good as Loma and will likely lose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Why do posters in this thread keep pretending they want to see this because it will be a good fight?

Tank obviously needs to fight some better LW's before he takes on Loma. No different than Oscar Valdez, also a champion, is fighting Quigg next instead of fighting Leo Santa Cruz.

We get it guys-you want Tank to take the fight because he isn't as good as Loma and will likely lose.
              He's easily one of the best in the division, you got a handle full of guys at the top of each division so their isn't much options for loma. Why is it a big deal for people to wanna see a guy who is pretty much a champion fight another champ? Whats wrong with that?age? He became a champ, when you become a champ you better be willing to fight the best.. Ffs what should these guys be doing? If tank doesn't want to fight so be it, just don't try and justify it

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                He's easily one of the best in the division, you got a handle full of guys at the top of each division so their isn't much options for loma. Why is it a big deal for people to wanna see a guy who is pretty much a champion fight another champ? Whats wrong with that?age? He became a champ, when you become a champ you better be willing to fight the best.. Ffs what should these guys be doing? If tank doesn't want to fight so be it, just don't try and justify it
                Why is it a big deal for people to wanna see a guy who is pretty much a champion fight another champ?

The big deal isn't that, it's those posters hypocrisy. The posters calling for Tank/Loma are famous for 2 things:

1-posting regularly that the best should fight the best
                2-claiming Canelo was "too green" for Floyd.

While I agree with you that champs should fight the best, in the era of the 4 belts and shady promoter/sanctioning organization relationships we all know champions are not the same as they were 1 or 2 generations ago.

We just saw Erickson Lubin, a guy like Tank, step up huge and suffer a devastating KO loss to a much better fighter.

Additionally, we have a champion , Oscar Valdez, fighting lower level FW's rather than elite champs because TR is still developing him.

Floyd is doing the right thing with Tank-bringing him along at a pace that is right for Tank.

Why do you and others have a problem with this?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Why is it a big deal for people to wanna see a guy who is pretty much a champion fight another champ?

The big deal isn't that, it's those posters hypocrisy. The posters calling for Tank/Loma are famous for 2 things:

1-posting regularly that the best should fight the best
                  2-claiming Canelo was "too green" for Floyd.

While I agree with you that champs should fight the best, in the era of the 4 belts and shady promoter/sanctioning organization relationships we all know champions are not the same as they were 1 or 2 generations ago.

We just saw Erickson Lubin, a guy like Tank, step up huge and suffer a devastating KO loss to a much better fighter.

Additionally, we have a champion , Oscar Valdez, fighting lower level FW's rather than elite champs because TR is still developing him.

Floyd is doing the right thing with Tank-bringing him along at a pace that is right for Tank.

Why do you and others have a problem with this?
                  Well first off, i agree with pretty much everything you said. I have no interest in watching the fight because I know what the outcome would be. I think people should let this go and forget it. I do believe if you are at the top of the division you should challenge yourself.Win or lose tank could learn alot from fighting someone like loma, but the chance of getting humiliated is something that will draw a lot of guys away. We should all just drop this tank and loma fight, it doesn't make sense but you can see why guys are calling for it

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    If u need Gervonta Davis to make your career, you might need to reassess your position. Perrhaps it is time to answer Al's phonecalls.
                    Who needs him to make their career?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                      Well first off, i agree with pretty much everything you said. I have no interest in watching the fight because I know what the outcome would be. I think people should let this go and forget it. I do believe if you are at the top of the division you should challenge yourself.Win or lose tank could learn alot from fighting someone like loma, but the chance of getting humiliated is something that will draw a lot of guys away. We should all just drop this tank and loma fight, it doesn't make sense but you can see why guys are calling for it
                      I agree that Tank could learn alot. I also agree Loma destroys Tank right now.

Now, for the record, I wasn't upset by the Lubin/Charlo matchup. So I am using hindsight and I am being somewhat hypocritical.

I just think Floyd is doing with Tank what Bob is doing with Valdez. They are young guys that got "promoter assisted" titles (if you know what I mean) in favorable matchups. They both are solid draws in their home base (Baltimore, Phoenix) of fans. They are slowly being moved to the bigger stages.

If building a draw equates to ducking by some fans, so be it.

Comment

Working...
                      X