Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ortiz To Wilder: I'm a Knockout Artist - Remember I Told You So!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
    Exactly! Eddie has nothing in it for him to sign someone that isnt marketable and cant speak English, he signed him to fight AJ
    He speaks enough English to call Wilder motherfocker bytch, that should be sufficient for any promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
      Just saw an interview with Wilder explaining the details of the meeting Hearn had with Haymon and Shelly Finkel, what a freaking scared fraud Hearn is, the discussion was only about his other bum heavyweight Dillian Whyte fighting Wilder, these guys are a bunch of lying frauds to the public and are scared to death, send them scared bums 2 British Bulldogs, and some duck sauce
      Can you get me the source? I must see this

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post
        Wilder should fake an injury and let this Kong age. Move on to big money fights. This is really a big risk with small reward
        So you're advising wilder to duck Ortiz?

What a boxing fan you are !

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          This is a very dangerous fight for Wilder. He will be tested.
          Wilder is tested against everybody that can punch.

This is winner takes all fight. Winner stays undefeated and fights Joshua - Parker winner.

I think Wilder by KO. And it´s better for boxing. We need Wilder and Joshua to stay undefeated. Wilder-Joshua is the fight we all wanna see.
          Last edited by JakeTheBoxer; 01-25-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Calling the upset I honestly feel Ortiz can catch Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
              He's got a heartbeat, but without his blood pressure medication who knows what that heartbeat's gonna be like. He is old as f**k.

If it was the Ortiz of a few years ago then I would probably favour him for the reason you mention - though Ortiz's own resume is also pretty weak he always looked like a very good fighter. In his last few fights though he's looked terrible and it seems age has really caught up with him.

I imagine Wilder's going to come in with a fairly conservative gameplan. Ortiz isn't going to be able to catch up to s**t judging by his last 3 fights, so Wilder will box off the back foot and won't look for the stoppage unless it presents itself when Ortiz is exhausted (which it probably will after 7 or so rounds).

If Wilder stays in the pocket too long or gets into exchanges then Ortiz's skills come into play and he could clip Wilder, and I don't think that's a risk that team Wilder will consider worth taking. Regardless of his age, Ortiz is perceived by the public to be dangerous, so Wilder doesn't have to look for a statement win, just a win will be enough to keep his momentum going into the AJ negotiations. If the knockout is there to be had, Wilder will go for it, but his camp won't even consider putting a giant Joshua payday at risk. They're close to becoming very rich (and if they beat AJ very famous too).

I really don't see Wilder losing the fight this unless he makes a stupid mistake. Ortiz looks too easy to box circles around.
              I wouldn't put any money on that if I were you

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
                Saw that too. Typical pathetic behavior from Eddie Hearn. I am almost certain AJ is also in on their games, i.e., playing ignorant on what was discussed. Whatever - Wilder has laid down the gauntlet. Choose the location for your ass-whooping. He will be there to dish it out.

"Make the date, don't wait."
                Zzzzzzz, talk is cheap. Windmiller is getting sparked by Ortiz, and Parker and Ortiz are getting sparked by Joshua.

Then Fury gets battered by AJ quite easily. At which point Dubois beats Wilder and sets up a big fight with Joshua, whcih is a pick em.

Meanwhile all the americans are avoiding Dillian Whyte, wh is better than Windmiller but can't get a big fight cos he is being ducked. Parker Whtye is a nice match at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                  I agree. Their best wins is a shot Klit, Stiverne, Whyte, and Washington.

Until they fight each other, I'd rate AJ,Wilder,Ortiz, and T.Fury in one teir.

Parker, Pulev, and Povetkin in the second tier.

3rd would be H.Fury,Ruiz,Whyte,BigBaby
                  Breazeale,Bellew,Haye,L.Browne etc.
                  With some of them maybe moving up if they fought each other or down.

H.Fury, Ruiz, Whyte and Big Baby should fight each other for their shot. Hughie thinks he can move his feet like a wonderful boxer but doesn't have to throw punches to win(He watched the Tyson Fury vs Klit fight too many times).

Ruiz won't fight anyone! Whyte went life and death with Chisora and rocked AJ once, so he thinks he deserves something. Hopefully he makes a point against Browne. Big Baby is like Whyte, he thinks he's entitled for some reason.

You know, I have read through your post twice and while I normally debate things just to debate (boxing related, not personal shots I promise), I actually think you should be in charge of one of these worthless alphabet rankings. I like your tiers and your observations and do not have any problems at all. I can't even debate it. I was going to jump all over the Tyson Fury on tier one, but he is a lineal champ and that matters to some people so I can even let that pass.

Kind of disappointed in myself.

Kudos.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
                    Zzzzzzz, talk is cheap. Windmiller is getting sparked by Ortiz, and Parker and Ortiz are getting sparked by Joshua.

Then Fury gets battered by AJ quite easily. At which point Dubois beats Wilder and sets up a big fight with Joshua, whcih is a pick em.

Meanwhile all the americans are avoiding Dillian Whyte, wh is better than Windmiller but can't get a big fight cos he is being ducked. Parker Whtye is a nice match at that point.
                    Well, you got the next 18 months to 2 years all mapped out, huh?

Wilder should beat Ortiz. He is a flawed fighter, but we have seen him box disciplined before and a smart game plan from Wilder boxes circles around the dangerous but very pedestrian Ortiz. Now if the Wilder of the Washington fight shows up, Ortiz puts him out on his feet as that was maybe one of the sloppiest performances I have ever seen and Ortiz will have plenty in his tank to end that Wilder easily and put that bust on his wall stuffed next to his new title belt. I just think we will see a more cautious Wilder who picks his spots and lets his quicker hand speed and better movement win the night.

AJ will beat Parker. Joshua will fight once more for the payday and Wilder-Joshua will happen in December or early 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post

This is quite funny. The only person on the list that AJ is most likely to beat is Parker. He wont be beating Wilder or Fury or Ortiz (whom he avoided like a plague). He definitely wont be beating Dubois. Keep dreaming though.

Comment

Working...
                      X